Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

My Hummer H2

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2023, 01:22 PM
Default My Hummer H2

Greetings!
Recently my brother passed away and I ended up with his 2003 H2. I just drove back from PHX to eastern Texas this last weekend so we are a little dirty Interior is about a 6 of 10, and exterior is around a 7. Best I can tell for the last 4-ish years the Hummer sat in his driveway without much use. I don't know that much about these but I do own a 2003 Suburban 2500 and understand they have many similar parts. Having lived in out in PHX changing out all fluids and everything else rubber is on the short list. One thing I do know is there is a parasitic draw not related to OnStar so that will be a fight for another day. My brother seemed to only put Hummer brand accessories, as the lights, steps, and roof rack are all branded the same. This community appears to be a great resource to keep these SUV's road worthy.
-Cheers!
Sorry if pix are the wrong size.

Old 04-27-2023, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF!

Old 04-29-2023, 03:49 PM

It's a beaut! Your are gonna love it!

Old 04-29-2023, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Phatbob
Greetings!
Recently my brother passed away and I ended up with his 2003 H2. I just drove back from PHX to eastern Texas this last weekend so we are a little dirty Interior is about a 6 of 10, and exterior is around a 7. Best I can tell for the last 4-ish years the Hummer sat in his driveway without much use. I don't know that much about these but I do own a 2003 Suburban 2500 and understand they have many similar parts. Having lived in out in PHX changing out all fluids and everything else rubber is on the short list. One thing I do know is there is a parasitic draw not related to OnStar so that will be a fight for another day. My brother seemed to only put Hummer brand accessories, as the lights, steps, and roof rack are all branded the same. This community appears to be a great resource to keep these SUV's road worthy.
-Cheers!
Sorry if pix are the wrong size.

Check your windows
Vinyl replacements are cheap and easy to install.

Old 05-03-2023, 08:43 AM

Not my house :P Incidentally, I used to sell Pella windows for a living. So far I have changed all the fluids, now onto the parasitic draw gremlin. After some consideration I will probably leave most of the interior/exterior cosmetics as they are. Incidentally, is there a decent brand air filter I should be aiming for?

Thanks!

Old 05-03-2023, 09:43 AM

if it still has the factory air filter just check it they last quite a long while. you should have a gauge on the intake tube that shows how the filter is flowing.

Old 06-11-2023, 12:24 AM

Sorry to hear about your brother. However, it's nice that you got his H2. Hang on to it -- I"m sure it will remind you of him every time you drive it or see it.