Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Most common problems with H2's

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 08:53 AM

Ive owned 2 H2's and both of them had water leaks. im surprised i haven't seen anyone post this yet lol. still hunting down the leak on mine right now water keeps coming into the cab through the handle on the A pillar. besides that and the mirrors not folding its been awesome

Old 02-21-2016, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Lareina Saindon
So how does anyone know if it is common if the first, second, third.....person doesn't start reporting?
That's a problem I'm having with my front passenger door.
If it rains, sometimes the door will not unlock & must be unlocked manually. It's fine otherwise. It's only done this on my 2009. My 2003 never had this issue.

Old 02-21-2016, 10:50 AM

This '08 we just got makes a bunch of noise when the doors lock and unlock, attention-getting loud, but it all works. Sounds like the relays are trying to strip the mechanism on the locks. Maybe that is what happens on the newer 2s.

As for the roof leaks, which is very common, it's usually clogged drain lines from the sun roof or a really bad seal around one or more of the cab lights. I ran a piece of wire down my '04 drains when I first got it, GENTLY ran water through all for drains and haven't had any leaks. Also RTVed around all the cab light seals. So far all is swell.

Old 02-21-2016, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by H2sick
Ive owned 2 H2's and both of them had water leaks. im surprised i haven't seen anyone post this yet lol. still hunting down the leak on mine right now water keeps coming into the cab through the handle on the A pillar. besides that and the mirrors not folding its been awesome
I had same problem - drips from both handles
I trying sealing up the driver marker lights on roof - didnt work
Long story short...
I found out the seal around windshield was the problem.
I had windshield replaces by "Auto Glass Inc" for $220 (included tax)
Warranty for the lifetime of the vehicle

No more drips

Old 02-21-2016, 01:25 PM

Just pulled the rear door apart. Lock actuator is basically sealed, stripped inside, so I need new ones. Too bad older versions won't fit.

Old 02-21-2016, 08:23 PM

Most common problem

Look at the pump display after fueling the tank

Sorry I couldnt resist it

Old 02-22-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Most common problem

Look at the pump display after fueling the tank

Sorry I couldnt resist it

Old 03-02-2016, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
They wont power fold in like they were supposed to. The 2006 up mirrors are what most people install when they go bad.
Yup, mine are just starting to get stuck closed occasionally.

Old 11-09-2016, 09:51 PM

2008 H2 new-to-me...

+1 for side-view mirror adjustment motors - they are kicked on both sides. I just ordered replacements after reading about the easy fix procedure here.

I haven't even tried the fold-in function on the mirrors. I've been parking it outside since it won't fit in my garage (!!!) but no water leaks yet. The new garage with 9' doors shoudl be built in the spring...

Old 11-10-2016, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by VehiGAZ
2008 H2 new-to-me...

+1 for side-view mirror adjustment motors - they are kicked on both sides. I just ordered replacements after reading about the easy fix procedure here.

I haven't even tried the fold-in function on the mirrors. I've been parking it outside since it won't fit in my garage (!!!) but no water leaks yet. The new garage with 9' doors shoudl be built in the spring...
Replaced the driver's side motor on my wife's 08, pretty easy fix.

Quick Reply: Most common problems with H2's