Losing dash power H2 - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Losing dash power H2

Old 04-10-2013, 08:50 PM
Default Losing dash power H2

Ok folks, I am going crazy. My 2006 H2 is losing power to the clusters, it goes off then right back on. When it does this, it also sets off the security light, but it goes off fast too. I have already sent the clutters out, still did it. I then put in a new ignition switch. Still does it. I checked the ground to engine, seemed fine. Any other items I need to check? Oh I also by passed the security system because I thought that was causing the security lights to come on...I'm not having any luck. Please help. Thanks in advance

Old 04-12-2013, 08:10 AM

Mine does the same thing atleast yours comes back on . When mine does it I may loss my guages for two or three days I have noticed it happens more when I hit the drivers seat warmer button it suck I wish I could figure mine out .

Old 07-12-2016, 07:41 AM

I know this is an old thread but this just happened to the 03 H2 that I bought. Anyone have some insight as to why this happens?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:16 PM

I know sometimes aftermarket alarms cause these kinds of problems. Installers aren't always that savvy. Sometimes it's something innocent like a screw you used to install something that hits a wire bundle in the dash, engine compartment, wherever.

Old 07-12-2016, 02:46 PM

X2 on checking aftermarket installs also check ground below left front towhook

Old 07-12-2016, 03:43 PM

Thanks for the replies.I received a 60 warranty when I bought it and I went ahead and took it into the dealer this morning. They had me take it to the Cadillac dealer and when they hooked their computer up to it the cluster wasn't"communicating" with it so they called GM and they're now getting involved. As far as aftermarket items, it has a different head unit in it so maybe it has something to do with it. When I get it fixed I'll be sure to fill everyone in. First thing was having the air conditioning system replaced and then a module in the tranny and now this. Its been in the shop longer than its been in my driveway at this point.

Old 07-13-2016, 12:52 AM

They are old vehicles and unless you bought it new you have no clue what the previous owners did to it.

Old 07-13-2016, 02:32 AM

Originally Posted by LoJac963 View Post
They are old vehicles and unless you bought it new you have no clue what the previous owners did to it.
Yup, no telling what. Wires are crossed somewhere, could be an aftermarket stereo or accessory.

Check all your fuses. Figure out what electrical mods have been done. Then start retracing and make sure everything is plugged in the right spot. If you've got multiple accessories, that could be your problem. Just some ideas for you.

Old 07-13-2016, 07:54 AM

Well, I'm definitely taking advantage of their 60 day bumper to bumper warranty. The manager of the dealership told me that whatever is wrong with it, it will be fixed, along with whatever else I find. I'm friends with the service writer at the Caddy dealer and he told me that he's going to have a few mechanics take it for a ride and basically crawl all over this thing and give me a list of what needs to be fixed. That'll save me a ton of money and headaches since they'll be paying for it.

Old 07-15-2016, 08:02 AM

The dealer got in touch with me and said that they're ordering a new gauge cluster since it wasn't comunicating with the laptop that they had plugged into it thinking that there must be a short within the cluster. Hopefully this fixes it but I have my doubts. I'm still convinced that it has something to do with poorly installed aftermarket crap that the previous owner tried to do himself.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Losing dash power H2

Advertising
Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.