Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Leaking radiator on the plastic

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 03:26 PM
Default Leaking radiator on the plastic

Have anyone tried to fix the plastic on the radiator sides , mine is leaking , is it possible to replace it or better to change the whole radiator
if so what will be a better replacement aftermarket brand
Thank you

Old 02-22-2019, 04:07 PM

Change the whole radiator..... not sure on brands. I'd check the GM truck forums to see if anyone has comments on brands.

Old 02-22-2019, 04:16 PM

mixmansc .. I will replace the whole thing , cant find too much info on brands .
I only found a Champion or the oem Ac delco
not sure which to get

Old 02-22-2019, 04:39 PM

Short of spending tons on some super high end aftermarket I'm not sure that there will be much of any difference between brands. Then again I'm just not certain on that though. I know some have had the internal baffle rupture between the trans cooler section and the main radiator on factory ones but like anything of that nature, those who have had a problem are of course the most vocal. The millions of others are happily driving along with no problem. Actually there is one brand I've heard of from performance guys on the GM trucks. Be Cool.

Looking at the Summit site it appears as though ours is very universal. The exact same radiator is used in many GM trucks and SUV's.... https://www.summitracing.com/parts/a...3/applications

That is the AC Delco one. If you search specifically by Hummer H2 they only show 10 but if you search for a typical GM truck there is a much wider selection. Reason is that many brands just have not tested the fit in many other vehicles so they only show what they know something will fit. When SC Delco says the same one fits many things (you have to click show all applications) then you know it does. That also pretty much confirms that one for any of the other vehicles AC Delco lists will also fit in the H2. https://www.summitracing.com/search/...d?N=4294949245

To add to the confusion though.... there are actually like 4 AC Delco ones that will fit. One thing I do know is on the trucks there are two different widths. Like 28 inch and like 34 inch. I'm almost certain the H2's use the wider one with 34" between the tanks. The other things to make sure of are if a replacement has the transmission and oil cooler line ports. If you have bypassed the radiator trans cooler and are using an aftermarket one you could get one without that though.

Apparently some of the aftermarket high end ones are crazily expensive and you start seeing terms like two row, three row, cross flow, etc. lol Might have to do some research or ask on a site like Performancetrucks.net - excellent site if you want to learn a lot about getting more power out of your 6.0 too..

Old 02-22-2019, 07:39 PM

Champion Cooling Systems® - All-Aluminum Radiator more details on - https://www.carid.com/champion-cooli...leid=684078607

Just got this one ... Will post reviews . hopefully the install is easy

Old 02-23-2019, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Have anyone tried to fix the plastic on the radiator sides , mine is leaking , is it possible to replace it or better to change the whole radiator
if so what will be a better replacement aftermarket brand
Thank you
I tried fixing an external crack in the plastic part of my radiator on my H3 with epoxy and it didn't work. Definitely replace it with a new one.

Old 02-27-2019, 08:58 PM

H2miami i have this one https://amzn.to/2UagO8h from amazon ready to replace my current one thats about to give up .

Old 03-05-2019, 07:25 AM

Got this one installed
seems very well made.
perfect fit

https://www.carid.com/champion-cooli...07&url=3681283

Old 03-19-2019, 01:12 AM
Default Change it.

I had the same problem. Tried the epoxy, crack just got bigger. I even tried some stuff we us on airliners. Once the side tanks start to crack It's time for a new one. I tried an on-line supplier they shipped right to my door. They just did not wrap it well and it came with a big hole in the veins. I ended up getting one at a local parts store with a life time warranty. I did the work my self. It was not hard . Someone that knows his way around a tool box can do it in a few hours. I posted my steps on the job sometime last year. I changed the water pump it all appa and hoses while had it all apart. Even changed the holding tank too.

Old 03-19-2019, 06:56 AM

Dry heat.. Thanks.. yes I replaced the whole.thing
used an online supplier and all.good..
I.replaced the Wp and hoses a few months ago . Never though about the reservoir though

Quick Reply: Leaking radiator on the plastic