Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

I need your help

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2021, 08:16 PM
Default I need your help

whats up everyone . was wondering if anyone here has a idea of the weigth of a few parts of the h2 . I know the engine alone may be just over 200lbs but please correct me if you know the exact number . I would also like to know the weight of the tranfer case and transmission among the gas tank, full gas tank i mean . wondering why i want to know this ??? Im thinking of starting a electric corversion build for fun and would like to know how much weight i can remove from the h2 . the heaviest part ill be adding is the battery or batterys so im looking for this numbers to see how much room ill have weight wise after removing all this parts i mentioned . thanks alot for any help in advance .

Old 02-10-2021, 08:45 PM

Engine is around 500lbs, transmission and transfer case around 200lbs, full tank of gas with tank around 250lbs. Now that you removed that weight, add the weight of the batteries, electric motors, transmission +more weight to make it work.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Engine is around 500lbs, transmission and transfer case around 200lbs, full tank of gas with tank around 250lbs. Now that you removed that weight, add the weight of the batteries, electric motors, transmission +more weight to make it work.

thanks for the reply the 2 motors that was recommended and battery are less then 500lbs . Im guessing the engine weight i saw at just over 200 may had been block alone not sure . By the way it may sound like nonsense till I actually pull this off . And no im not drunk .

Old 02-11-2021, 08:08 AM

I think Arnold Schwartzenager (sp) had a few H1's converted to electric. It would be neat if you could do it. You could have a whole series of videos documenting the process.

Old 02-11-2021, 09:54 AM

you probably would not need a transmission if you drive the transferase directly with one electric motor most EV's use a one speed transmission which is basically a reduction gear just like the transferase is.

Old 02-11-2021, 11:41 AM

I had a non running SUT for another project on a storage but sold it . Soon as I find another non running cheap truck ill try to get it . So far i had been told by 2 forklift mechanics that there are older used motors out there that can work . One of them had mentioned that part of the current tesla setup can also be used. Im currently researching online used tesla parts . For what i can see the engine space gives enough room for a battery setup. I have another email with a pdf that i need to read from a current tesla engineer with a bit of help . So far i can see is not a fast project but is doable.

Old 02-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by hmer
thanks for the reply the 2 motors that was recommended and battery are less then 500lbs . Im guessing the engine weight i saw at just over 200 may had been block alone not sure . By the way it may sound like nonsense till I actually pull this off . And no im not drunk .
You will not go far on that setup. Battery weight alone for a 6k+lb vehicle long range=1200+lbs + the weight to mount. What's your plan to mount the batteries?

Old 02-11-2021, 09:48 PM

plenty of room for batteries once you pull all the ICE needs. you have the whole engine bay and most of the underside of the chassis. depending on what drive system he chooses. can always also do a body lift to gain more vertical space down there. Or add a hard case cargo carrier on the roof

Last edited by bronxteck; 02-12-2021 at 09:39 AM.
Old 02-12-2021, 08:33 AM

Tesla has a conversion kit that they announced last year, looks really, really slick.

Tim

Old 02-12-2021, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
You will not go far on that setup. Battery weight alone for a 6k+lb vehicle long range=1200+lbs + the weight to mount. What's your plan to mount the batteries?

https://youtu.be/tv6UsLe7GIU
here is the deal the entire point of this build is just for A FUN project not trying to be the next Elon . as of today I now know theres plenty of options to mount a battery up front . (engine bay area ) .

Quick Reply: I need your help