Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

I need some serious advice!! H2 w rust problems????

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by jstdoitt21
Well i have been inspecting my rig and noticed there is surface rust by my pedals, i opened the glove and noticed some surface rust on the metal behind the glove, and under the back seats, has anyone seen this before? it came from michigan, is that kind of surface rust common?? or is there something fishy about this
My brake and gas pedal are totally rusted. Not the rubber part that you depress, but the metal assembly connected to the rubber part.

The hell is this about?

Old 09-24-2009, 02:51 AM

thanks for these information

Old 09-26-2009, 09:20 AM

Apparently, this rust on the undercarriage is common on these things. There is some guy suing GM over the rust on his Sierra.

Can anyone say class action on the Hummer?

I felt like my rust was a little worse than most. The previous owner lived on the beach and it was exposed to a lot of salty sea air moisture. The dealership told me to get lost with regards to the rust warranty.

Old 10-03-2009, 06:33 PM

My frame is rusted, and after everytime I go wheeling and powerwash it, I use a rattlecan to freshing it up, but next time it will be done with Duplicolor rubberized undercoat.

Old 10-04-2009, 12:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hummeron37s
My frame is rusted, and after everytime I go wheeling and powerwash it, I use a rattlecan to freshing it up, but next time it will be done with Duplicolor rubberized undercoat.
By rattle can you mean like some spray stuff?

What do you think of this stuff:

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-converter.html

Old 10-04-2009, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by desiyaar1
By rattle can you mean like some spray stuff?

What do you think of this stuff:

http://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-rust-converter.html
Actually that eastwood stuff looks like a rust inhibitor, you can use that but i was talking about a bedliner type product. here is a link to the duplicolor stuff.
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/undercoating.html
I have had good luck with the "Professional Undercoat with Sound Eliminator"

Old 10-04-2009, 08:26 PM

Ok cool thanks.

Im gonna call the Eastwood guys tomorrow.

It would appear, and I may be mistaken, that the Eastwood stuff seems to dissolve or melt the rust (assuming this is possible ) while the Dupli-color may coat it.

Lets see what the Eastwood guys say.

Old 02-25-2017, 04:28 PM

Ok, I'm obviously late to this show, but I have serious frame rust issues. I don't see how you can say a topical treatment will stop the rust. I did not help at all in, my experience and now I'm looking at frame replacement. Covering the problem only hides it. Trust me, out of site is not a solution for rust.

Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by djguy988
Even in the harshest michigan winters there's not enough salt to do any structural damage to the frame. I know what you're talking about being from MI all my life. That's why I purchased mine from NC. They are absolutely correct. A little elbow grease w/a wire brush and some rattle can flat black and you'll be proud once again of your rig.
Don't use flat black as a rust paint. It is porous and does not seal. Use a satin or gloss. That is why you see all the ricers driving around with rusted hoods after they sprayed them flat black.

Old 10-30-2019, 11:14 AM

Do NOT give this spammer the satisfaction of having his link clicked.... A quick check shows that he is spamming this all over the web on various sites, even on Foursquare reviews, etc. An admin should be deleting the post shortly. Feel free to delete this on too....