Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

I can't leave it alone

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2023, 02:07 PM
Default I can't leave it alone

I have now been a H2 owner since the 2nd of Feb (Previous owner was doing about 1,000 -1,500 miles a year, I've done almost 2,000 miles in 50 days) and loving every moment.
so far I've changed the Headlights, DRLs, Cab lights, Brake Lights and Interior Lights all to LEDs.
H2 chrome side repeater covers (Ones that were on had corroded badly)
The light bar on roof I wanted to change to LED or Super white Halogen, but the screws holding them on are impossible to unscrew.(going to try and remove the whole bar and work on them on bench any tips ?).
I've modified the licence plate holders to fit a flipper with my UK Reg on one side and an American Style plate on the other( Law enforcement not keen on USA plates, although I know they work with ANPR cameras as been caught speeding with US Style ones so can't see a problem).
I've hard wired a front and rear dash cam, and a Garmin 10 Sat nav which has a Wireless reversing camera and as I'm wiring to a switch can be used as rear view mirror too.
Fitted my Alexa Auto so can use Alexa on road too..
I've taken the 22" aftermarket wheels off and replaced them with the original wheels but powder coated in Matt Black waiting on paint shop to finish the Hubs painted Solar flare with Matt black accents.
Going to change the Rear Fog light (UK requirement) to something bigger and more HUMMER like.
and the Reversing lights, as UK Regulations meant the Red ones had to be moved to where the reversing lights were, and Flashers put where R lights were, so have Amber flashers front and rear..
Waiting for side repeaters to arrive in smoked, and looking for Smoked Cab and Rear tailgate lights in smoked (any links appreciated Amazon have them but cost with shipping too expensive)

As I said in a previous post, I had almost bought a Hummer on a few occasions, I now wish I had have sooner, I Love it, I usually only keep my cars for 3 to 5 years max, but can't see mem ever selling this one.. heres a few pics of what I've done so far..

Old 03-22-2023, 03:32 PM

Great looking truck,

Neal

Old 03-22-2023, 05:10 PM

Welcome to the rare 08 solar flare metallic club! Glad to have you!

Old 03-27-2023, 04:11 PM

Nice truck.

Not a fan of you nut sack hanging off the back. Low class. This is this kind of stuff that gives H2 owners the finger from other drivers. Or give them a reason to hate on your truck.

You may be young and think it is very funny. Most other people, not so much. Just ‘sayin.

Last edited by finall; 03-27-2023 at 04:13 PM.
Old 03-27-2023, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by finall
Nice truck.

Not a fan of you nut sack hanging off the back. Low class. This is this kind of stuff that gives H2 owners the finger from other drivers. Or give them a reason to hate on your truck.

You may be young and think it is very funny. Most other people, not so much. Just ‘sayin.

^^^^^^^^^^Yeah, what he said.^^^^^^^^^^, but I'm an old guy.

Old 03-28-2023, 02:51 AM

Thanks, The nut sack came with the truck, (and I'm divided on them, I find them amusing, but agree with you they do tend to cheapen the truck, and could offend some folks) I have a reversing light coming that fits on the tow bar so will probably remove them when I fit that, I am quite young ,63 but my wife tells me I'm 13 in man years and men don't grow up, their toys just get more expensive..
fitted some smoked LED roof lights yesterday, look well classy against the orange during the day, and really bright at night.

Old 03-28-2023, 06:47 AM
Super Moderator

They do get into your blood.

Old 03-28-2023, 08:01 AM

That is a great looking rig, I am also on the ditch the nuts side.

Old 03-28-2023, 11:17 AM

Yeah I shall be neutering the Hummer as soon as the extra lights arrive, Only need to lay under the truck once then lol

Old 03-28-2023, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by 3hummers
They do get into your blood.
Sure Do lol

Quick Reply: I can't leave it alone