PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Hard Is It To STEAL An H2?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2007, 02:38 AM
Default How Hard Is It To STEAL An H2?

I know its a high dollar value car, but how hard are they to steal? I remember the late 90's Chevy/GMC trucks were a joke cause thiefs just jammed a screwdriver under the door handle and the whole thing would pop open.

Does the H2 have any glaring faults like that? Does the whole fuel disabling system actually work?

Just curious.

Old 04-29-2007, 03:02 AM
Default RE: How Hard Is It To STEAL An H2?

well you take a screw driver, slam it under your door handle, and let us know how you make out.

Old 04-29-2007, 10:02 AM

I'll take a couple more if you figure it out. ( an H3 and a SUV)

Old 04-29-2007, 02:37 PM

I KNOW THAT STEALING THE RADIO IS A PROBLEM not that i try it or anything but i try to time my self to take off the cover to remove the radio and it took me 30min im not a profesional but i think im pretty fast but try opeing the door with the screew driver make sure you record everything

Old 04-29-2007, 03:36 PM

With an electric (battery) screw driver and noregard for the interior/trim, radio is about a 3-4 minute job ... this based on what it took me to disassemble the trim to get to the radio .. about3 mins to get the screws out, another min to get the stereo out .. most of the hassle was with the trim but if you're violent with it and break it to get it out.. shouldn't be an issue :-) This being said I'm NOT an .. ummm "professional" here lol ..

Old 04-29-2007, 09:36 PM

jajaja you right my wife just told me that lol im pretty sure that they can take it out in 1 min lol

Old 04-30-2007, 01:47 AM

I don't care about the radio LOL.

Im talking about the whole truck, I dont ever really hear of H2 thefts and I live in Phoenix, 5th largest city in the US and RIGHT next to mexico. :P

You hear about Cadillacs getting ripped off all the time, it comes with the turf for them. What about H2s? Does that fuel disabling feature actually work?

Old 04-30-2007, 06:33 AM

I know a local guy who had his H2 stolen while he was at a movie theatre.

Same way to get IN as the other GM's. Screwdriver to POP out the lock on the door and from what I was told, the OEM alarm WON'T go off this way[:@].

Luckily mine has CHROME DOOR BUCKETS as someone TRIED that with my Rig last year (cause she's PURTY), but couldn't pop the lock because of the my buckets vs. the OEM cheap plastic ones!!

Old 04-30-2007, 11:09 AM

ORIGINAL: HummBob

Same way to get IN as the other GM's. Screwdriver to POP out the lock on the door and from what I was told, the OEM alarm WON'T go off this way[:@].

Luckily mine has CHROME DOOR BUCKETS as someone TRIED that with my Rig last year (cause she's PURTY), but couldn't pop the lock because of the my buckets vs. the OEM cheap plastic ones!!
So from the car thiefs perspective it still rings true huh ... Chrome won't get you home! LOL! In all seriousness, glad you didn't lose the princess Bob!

Old 05-01-2007, 06:26 AM

ORIGINAL: ZYNE

ORIGINAL: HummBob

So from the car thiefs perspective it still rings true huh ... Chrome won't get you home! LOL! In all seriousness, glad you didn't lose the princess Bob!

Quick Reply: How Hard Is It To STEAL An H2?