PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hmmm LED Headlights? Whatcha think?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2013, 02:59 PM
Default Hmmm LED Headlights? Whatcha think?

My off road store said that people are steering away from HIDs to LEDs; however, the LEDs are ~$300. Thoughts?

Old 10-30-2013, 03:51 PM

LED's are the way to go. HID's are bright and put out a good light but you lose your high beam. LED's are simple to install as there is no ballast needed. They draw about half the power of a stock light. The LED's made by Truck Lite are made in USA and very nice. Truck Lite has shipped 200,000 + headlights to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for the troops vehicles. I sell the Truck Lite LED's for $220 each.

Old 10-30-2013, 05:07 PM

So what woud out-the-door be?

Old 10-30-2013, 06:46 PM

The downside is the price. Sure LED's have much better benefits as you mentioned but the price is the biggest downfall. To retrofit HID's would cost about $70 and some install time.

LED's are coming down in price. Just look at the LED bulbs for the home. They used to be over $50 each and now I've been picking some up on sale for $9.99 each.

Considering how long filament bulbs have been out LED's are still extremely new technology. Hopefully once they are the norm the price also reflects that.

Old 10-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
LED's are the way to go. HID's are bright and put out a good light but you lose your high beam. LED's are simple to install as there is no ballast needed. They draw about half the power of a stock light. The LED's made by Truck Lite are made in USA and very nice. Truck Lite has shipped 200,000 + headlights to the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan for the troops vehicles. I sell the Truck Lite LED's for $220 each.
Correction .. I have HI/LO beam on mines .. Also my exp in general with LED (have to replace the LED inside the truck every year ) ...they don't last too long when putting under road stress

I stick with the old school

Old 10-31-2013, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Man1nboat
So what woud out-the-door be?

$15 for UPS So that would make it $455 to your door. These retail for $299 each

Old 10-31-2013, 08:13 AM

Originally Posted by H2Miami
Correction .. I have HI/LO beam on mines .. Also my exp in general with LED (have to replace the LED inside the truck every year ) ...they don't last too long when putting under road stress

I stick with the old school

Nice to know you have Hi-LO beams. The ones I have tried didn't. I have Putco LED interior lights in my H2 and they have been in for 5 years. They have a lifetime warranty.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

two weeks ago i installed led headlights on h2 and what a differance! i bought the trucklites. yes they are priced high, but i love them. i like them over the hids. direct replacement. no mods needed. would recomend them if you can afford them.

Old 10-31-2013, 04:58 PM

I just ordered mine today.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:29 PM

let me know what you think.
im over her talking good about them, i hope others like them as much as i do.
i know they are priced high but i think they are worth it.

Quick Reply: Hmmm LED Headlights? Whatcha think?