Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Heat in Drivers seat turn on by default

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2022, 12:18 PM
Default Heat in Drivers seat turn on by default

Hello All

Just helping friend out with very nice hummer H2 :-)
The problem is a bit strange, when car is started with the key , the heated seat in drivers side turns fully on so he gets his butt toasted :-))
It can be adjusted and turned off with the panel in the door without any problem.
Normally it should not be off by default and turned on when required.
I looked in the manual but do not find any way to change this so guess car must have a problem.
Anyone have idea for this ?

Thanks in advance

Pierre

Old 03-30-2022, 05:41 PM

Old 03-31-2022, 11:53 AM

Its just a guess on my part but try resetting the memory settings for the driver key fob without the seat heater on then try and lock then unlock the truck with the key fob and see if the heat stays off.

I don't know if the seat heater is included in the seat memory settings, five it a shot and see

Neal

Old 03-31-2022, 12:27 PM

Thanks for your replay.

We have made new memory programming for the seat memory with the heat off , seems make no difference according to the manual page 10,11 seat heating should not be included in the memory function.
Also checked if there is a switch down on the side of the seat like on the H3 but this H2 does not have that switch.

Best Regards

Pierre

Old 03-31-2022, 01:15 PM

Any chance there is a remote start installed? Some of those can be configured to trigger things like heated seats or rear window defrost.... if it has one maybe there is something wrong with it? Just an idea...

Old 03-31-2022, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by pnjuhl
Thanks for your replay.

We have made new memory programming for the seat memory with the heat off , seems make no difference according to the manual page 10,11 seat heating should not be included in the memory function.
Also checked if there is a switch down on the side of the seat like on the H3 but this H2 does not have that switch.

Best Regards

Pierre
Disconnect the green plug under the seat and reset memory. Read the comments here:

Old 04-18-2022, 04:25 AM

Thanks for all the good replays.
Checked the YouTube video
Seems no help to reset the memory by holding down the 1 & 2 bottom to the beep comes on.
Can unplug the green plug but then there will be no seat heat so perhaps not the best fix.
Perhaps module will need software update or has become defektive , I think bottoms must be ok as it works correct after you start by turning seat heat off.

Best Regards & Happy Easter

Pierre

Old 04-18-2022, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by pnjuhl
Thanks for all the good replays.
Checked the YouTube video
Seems no help to reset the memory by holding down the 1 & 2 bottom to the beep comes on.
Can unplug the green plug but then there will be no seat heat so perhaps not the best fix.
Perhaps module will need software update or has become defektive , I think bottoms must be ok as it works correct after you start by turning seat heat off.

Best Regards & Happy Easter

Pierre
Does it always turn on as soon as you start the car or will it also turn on randomly when driving?

Old 04-19-2022, 12:28 AM

It will be on eveytime ignition is switch ed off /on constant now.

Best Regards

Pierre

​​

Old 04-19-2022, 01:28 AM

Hello my Friend

Yes now it is constant on , so need to turn off, every time ignition is switched on.

Best Regards

Pierre

Quick Reply: Heat in Drivers seat turn on by default