PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hard Spare Tire Cover

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Default More on H2's and 3

Hi,

Thanks for all of the comments. I found what I wanted at this site http://www.h2hummeraccessories.com/...._w%5E2FSS_Band and for around $350. Pretty good price from what I can see.

Regarding crash results, I based my comments solely on the extra 3,000lbs between the H3 and H2, reasoning that more weight might make a difference in a crash. Here are some pictures of what used to be an H3. This was caused by a high-speed police chase where the police chased a 22 year old girl into me.

Thanks for all of the replies and interest.

Old 09-17-2010, 08:00 AM
Default Sorry about the last post

I didn't mean to post that last one but did anyway. I meant to include pics of my wrecked H3 so here they are.

Thanks.

Attached Thumbnails Hard Spare Tire Cover-2010-06-07-17.01.50.jpg   Hard Spare Tire Cover-2010-06-07-17.02.01.jpg   Hard Spare Tire Cover-2010-06-07-17.02.54.jpg   Hard Spare Tire Cover-2010-06-07-17.02.10.jpg  
Old 09-17-2010, 08:15 AM

WOW! That looks like a hard hit. Were you injured?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:49 AM

Yeah, it was head-on at around 100mph. My left heel was crushed and several other bones in my foot were broken. Four months later and I am still in a cast. Besides the foot, I had many cuts and bruises, a few broken ribs when the airbag deployed but it is all healing and I am alive.

Old 09-17-2010, 09:29 AM

Simple physics shows that adding 3000lbs to your side of the equation greatly reduces the forces you would absorb in a crash like that. But it sounds like your injuries were related more to the crumple zone and I haven't seen anydata indicating the H2 would fare any better in that regard. Was she in some type of light duty truck or something?

As for your tire did you check out Teakatoys.com they have the one without the crome band for 329.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:44 AM

She was in a 2002 Grand Prix. I used the front of her car as a ramp and became airborne, did a 360 in the air, flew over a metal guardrail and wound up in a ditch. All very exciting, except for the injuries. You are correct that my injuries occured in the crumple zone but, maybe an additional 3000lbs might have absorbed some of that force. Who knows.

I did look at Teakatoys and saw that cover. With the SS ring it is apx. $490 but H2Hummeraccessories.com has it for $360. Big difference, to me at least and I want the SS ring because it locks the cover in place and hides the black vinyl walls.

Old 09-17-2010, 11:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Asanti
Yeah, it was head-on at around 100mph. My left heel was crushed and several other bones in my foot were broken. Four months later and I am still in a cast. Besides the foot, I had many cuts and bruises, a few broken ribs when the airbag deployed but it is all healing and I am alive.
Oh my goodness those pics are bad. You ARE lucky to be alive! A 100mph crash is no joke. I cant believe how that H3 just sucked up the entire impact and left you with minimal injuries. Any pictures on how that grand prix faired? Did she survive?

Old 09-18-2010, 08:59 AM

I never did get pics of the grand prix. The docs at the hospital told me that she was expected to live but that she will be in hospitals for all of 2010 due to the amount and severity of her injuries. She was pregnant at the time but I don't know what happened to the baby.

I didn't realize how quickly something like this can happen and am grateful that I am alive and still have both of my legs. The dashboard collapsed into me and pinned my legs so that I couldn't move and couldn't be dragged out of my car through a window. The frame was so badly bent that the doors couldn't open. They couldn't cut me out with a torch as the H3 was leaking gas all over the place. After about 45 minutes, they wrenched the door open with the "jaws of life".

Yeah, I consider myself pretty lucky. The only luckier part could have been her running into someone else. :-)

Old 09-18-2010, 09:04 AM

Whoa, 85_305, very, very cool pictures and video. Very cool!

Old 09-18-2010, 11:29 AM
Banned

I never did get pics of the grand prix. The docs at the hospital told me that she was expected to live but that she will be in hospitals for all of 2010 due to the amount and severity of her injuries. She was pregnant at the time but I don't know what happened to the baby.

I didn't realize how quickly something like this can happen and am grateful that I am alive and still have both of my legs. The dashboard collapsed into me and pinned my legs so that I couldn't move and couldn't be dragged out of my car through a window. The frame was so badly bent that the doors couldn't open. They couldn't cut me out with a torch as the H3 was leaking gas all over the place. After about 45 minutes, they wrenched the door open with the "jaws of life".

Yeah, I consider myself pretty lucky. The only luckier part could have been her running into someone else. :-)
I'd say that truck held up DAMN good. Sorry it happened to you, that must be pretty rough. Musta been pretty scary too. That little '3 hung in great though

Whoa, 85_305, very, very cool pictures and video. Very cool!
Thanks brother. I actually took more pics and vids yeterday while I was pond-hopping. I'll have them up in a week or 2 I think.

Quick Reply: Hard Spare Tire Cover