Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Hang on to your h2

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2018, 07:52 PM
Default Hang on to your h2

As kind of a hobby I keep watch on the market on my H2 and CJ. Not that I plan on selling either. After all what do you drive after owning an H2? I had slacked off in recent months as I was busy getting a car ready for my daughter to commute. So the other day I had a look. What i saw had me chuckling that these first couple of idiots had obviously been huffing glue. But then page after page more and more outrageous prices. 2003's with around 200km for 23-27. Even some in the 30's as high as 39.(can)

Are you seeing the same trends in the U.S?

Keep those H2's. If celebrities are paying 200k for a 75 bronco. What do you think a h2 will be worth in twenty years?

Old 11-01-2018, 01:02 AM

Just all depends what people think they are worth. I have seen the same here. Some listed for dirt cheap while close to the same rig asking upwards of $30k. I try not to watch the market too much on the 2s because honestly I think they should be worth much more than they are, considering what they originally sold for. The amount of my time and money I have put into my rig, I wouldn't consider letting it go for less than $30k. She means more to me than the money at this point. Mine is an 06 with 78k miles on it, only used 2-3 times a month during the winter to go shooting. Other than that she sits in the garage and takes short trips around town to get the fluids moving and the occassional pull into the driveway to do some tinkering. I figure she's cheaper to mess around with than an old muscle car lol.

Old 11-01-2018, 07:59 AM

I also have been watching the market. I see some high mileage H2 for $15k with 150,000 miles and I saw an ad yesterday for an 05 with 95,000 for $30k I am like LoJac, My 2006 LE with 67,000 miles just sits in my garage. It's a gorgeous color and in perfect shape. I have been toying with the idea of putting it for sale. I think it's worth $30k and would sell it for that. Then I think I should sell the Tahoe that I drive instead and go back to driving the H2. The H2 is my favorite vehicle I have ever had and I have had over 100 cars.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:50 PM

I will sometimes check the prices online to see how my 03 is doing. Prices seem to be all over the place. Most are 10k- 15k and all over 100k miles. Dealerships will lowball those totals but putting a sign on it and parking it on the road will get you close.

I hope that h2’s reach that status of sought out classics like old muscle cars but who knows.

I plan on keeping mine not because i love it but it is a lot cheaper to rebuild it than to buy something else!
Plus a big yellow h2 is just so cool!

Old 11-01-2018, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by LoJac963
Just all depends what people think they are worth. I have seen the same here. Some listed for dirt cheap while close to the same rig asking upwards of $30k. I try not to watch the market too much on the 2s because honestly I think they should be worth much more than they are, considering what they originally sold for. The amount of my time and money I have put into my rig, I wouldn't consider letting it go for less than $30k. She means more to me than the money at this point. Mine is an 06 with 78k miles on it, only used 2-3 times a month during the winter to go shooting. Other than that she sits in the garage and takes short trips around town to get the fluids moving and the occassional pull into the driveway to do some tinkering. I figure she's cheaper to mess around with than an old muscle car lol.
She's a beaut and you should be proud of her and all the work you've put in.

I look at it a little differenty. If we talk a stock rig. (because we always burn on anything modded no matter what it is) Compare a 2003 H2 and 2003 Escalade, both have 124000 miles/ 200000km . Both were similar price points within a few tbousand new. The H2 is worth 13-25 (here) depending on condition. The Escalade in clean nice condition maybe 6-7. When i look at it like that. I think the H2s are doing great.

I have decided that my H2 has seen its last winter. Which is a hard call. Because, I love driving it in the snow. Its a garage queen as well. Company car.
The brine they put on the road is way worse than the rock salt. It finds its way into every nook and cranny and creeps. Cant even blast it off your frame with a pressure washer. It destroys vehicles. Even having my truck oil sprayed every year doesnt stop it. My daughter was driving my wifes old yukon which became too expensive once she started school. So im just going to drive that.

Old 11-01-2018, 08:51 PM

Double post

Last edited by madmayo; 11-01-2018 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Double post
Old 11-01-2018, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by calif phil
I also have been watching the market. I see some high mileage H2 for $15k with 150,000 miles and I saw an ad yesterday for an 05 with 95,000 for $30k I am like LoJac, My 2006 LE with 67,000 miles just sits in my garage. It's a gorgeous color and in perfect shape. I have been toying with the idea of putting it for sale. I think it's worth $30k and would sell it for that. Then I think I should sell the Tahoe that I drive instead and go back to driving the H2. The H2 is my favorite vehicle I have ever had and I have had over 100 cars.
Keep that low miler in the garage and drive it as a toy. And drive whatever you can to keep her that way. Never seeing salt it will be one of the desirables. Ive had people try to buy it at the gas station. Even a car dealer a few years back.

Old 11-01-2018, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by Crawdaddyjc
I will sometimes check the prices online to see how my 03 is doing. Prices seem to be all over the place. Most are 10k- 15k and all over 100k miles. Dealerships will lowball those totals but putting a sign on it and parking it on the road will get you close.

I hope that h2’s reach that status of sought out classics like old muscle cars but who knows.

I plan on keeping mine not because i love it but it is a lot cheaper to rebuild it than to buy something else!
Plus a big yellow h2 is just so cool!
I truly believe they will reach musclecar status. GM to even have the ***** to create this beast is very significant. IMO. In the last few years classic trucks and suvs have been on parr with alot of the muscle cars

i have no interest in a new vehicle. When I see $ 70000 trucks that are 7years old and have rust holes right through the wheel wells and all the tech stuff that is going to cost me thousands to fix just so i can turn my heater on. Ive been waiting to find the right basketcase h2 to attempt a duramax swap. With my oldest in school. Thats on the backburner for a few years.

Old 11-04-2018, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by madmayo
She's a beaut and you should be proud of her and all the work you've put in.

I look at it a little differenty. If we talk a stock rig. (because we always burn on anything modded no matter what it is) Compare a 2003 H2 and 2003 Escalade, both have 124000 miles/ 200000km . Both were similar price points within a few tbousand new. The H2 is worth 13-25 (here) depending on condition. The Escalade in clean nice condition maybe 6-7. When i look at it like that. I think the H2s are doing great.

I have decided that my H2 has seen its last winter. Which is a hard call. Because, I love driving it in the snow. Its a garage queen as well. Company car.
The brine they put on the road is way worse than the rock salt. It finds its way into every nook and cranny and creeps. Cant even blast it off your frame with a pressure washer. It destroys vehicles. Even having my truck oil sprayed every year doesnt stop it. My daughter was driving my wifes old yukon which became too expensive once she started school. So im just going to drive that.
Thanks Mad, I appreciate the comment. I completely agree with your comment comparing against the Escalade, however, the Escalade is still being built while as we all know the H2 is not. I still believe they should be worth more than they are. 2s are sought after vehicles even today and as some mentioned will one day become even more sought after. I always toy around with selling mine but in the end I just can't do it!

Old 11-05-2018, 10:48 AM

Were not 90's, but not far off!
https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/enth...​​