PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H2 wipers won't return to park or cancel

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 02:34 PM
Default H2 wipers won't return to park or cancel

I know there are many threads on the wiper issues. I'm more of a thread reader than a poster or responder. I'm always concerned that someone has already posted the same question and I didn't perform the correct searches. So here it goes...

I had the wipers turning on and squirters running all by themselves. I found how to remove the circuit board and carefully clean the circuit board of corrosion. I applied dielectric grease and used RTV to seal the circuit board when re-assembling. Wipers and squirters have worked fine now for months. The only issue I have is when I turn the wipers off, they dont return completely to the park or horizontal position. They stay up a few inches. When I turn the wipers on, they momentary drop down and start the sweeping pattern to clean the windshield. I finally broke down and ordered a new circuit board from my local GM dealer ($80) and he stated this should fix my very common problem. Needless to say, after swapping in the new circuit board, I have the same result. The wipers still dont return to the horizontal (park position) completely. They used to park fine until I open the circuit board the first time to resolve the corrosion / water leaking issue in the circuit board.

I read in another post to unhook the battery and maybe this would reset something.... but it didn't help. I appreciate any helpful replies.

Eric - 2003 H2 with 49,000 miles

Old 06-05-2012, 10:23 PM

I'm pretty sure park is controlled by the motor itself at the off position. I dont see it listed in the diagnostic by symptom.

I've never noticed this before...manual says the wiper switch sends a signal to the body control module signaling the headlights and parking lights to turn on.

Old 06-22-2012, 07:45 PM

just adjust the arms on the wipers

Old 06-23-2012, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by theboss
just adjust the arms on the wipers
That wont work.... When they are on, they do the full sweep. You will be smashing them down into the cowl or wiping off the windshield. Park is internal to the motor.

Old 06-23-2012, 07:21 PM

The wiper moter assm must be replaced, there is a GM TSB about this on the 2003 H2. Mine did the same and the change out worked great. This problem is with many Hummer H2's over the years, even my 2008 did the same. Thats what you get for using a wiper moter from a Saturn in a Hummer H2!

Old 07-01-2012, 03:09 PM

Worm, not to hi-jack your thread but do you have links or directions on doing the circuit board cleaning, greasing and RTV'ing?

I have read about this too and though it is a recall issue, I dont think they will fix it right

Old 07-01-2012, 04:06 PM

search wipers board, it works. I've done it.