PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front LED Turn Signal Replacement ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 08:30 PM
Default Front LED Turn Signal Replacement ??

I have a set of the IPCW LED Front Turn Signal assemblies on the way.
Does the front Grille have to come off for the removal/installation ??

Old 11-19-2017, 09:53 AM

Yes it does. I just replied to your PM in case you didn't see it. They unbolt from the inside but the chrome grill sandwiches them between the hood and grill for a cleaner look.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:08 AM

I just wish I could find a set of the aftermarket LED ones with amber lenses instead of clear/chrome. Seems the only option for that is just to use LED bulbs in the stock housings.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I just wish I could find a set of the aftermarket LED ones with amber lenses instead of clear/chrome. Seems the only option for that is just to use LED bulbs in the stock housings.

Honestly that was always my want as well until I met another H2 owner do help him with my DRL mod and he had the chrome ones and I was sold. I left his house and immediately ordered them. They are perfect on the 2's because the grill is already chrome so they just fit in and look good. I really don't think you would be disappointed.

Old 11-19-2017, 12:55 PM

I did just pull the trigger on these to try and mod for the DRL lights. Clearance Toyota Tundra Tacoma LED Halo Ring Daytime Running Lights

The particular generation of Tacoma, Tundra, etc use a 120mm round fog light without any side mounting tabs. Those are about the largest I've found which are just over 4.75 inches in diameter. The plastic hole pockets on ours are close to 5 inches and most of the other mods I've seen just look a little bit too small to me. I also wanted a good low wide beam pattern for driving lights and this particular set are designed to use the halo's as DRL's. Morimoto also has an even nicer set of fogs for a Tundra but a good bit more money. Once I get to it I'll post a thread on how they go.

Old 11-21-2017, 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by MixManSC
I did just pull the trigger on these to try and mod for the DRL lights. Clearance Toyota Tundra Tacoma LED Halo Ring Daytime Running Lights

The particular generation of Tacoma, Tundra, etc use a 120mm round fog light without any side mounting tabs. Those are about the largest I've found which are just over 4.75 inches in diameter. The plastic hole pockets on ours are close to 5 inches and most of the other mods I've seen just look a little bit too small to me. I also wanted a good low wide beam pattern for driving lights and this particular set are designed to use the halo's as DRL's. Morimoto also has an even nicer set of fogs for a Tundra but a good bit more money. Once I get to it I'll post a thread on how they go.
Definitely want to see how you get on with mounting these. They look like they'll match my 7" trucklites quite nicely!

Old 01-14-2018, 09:00 AM

How did the install go? was it plug and play and do you have an issue with the blinking (read some posts that there is a resistor issue)?

Old 01-14-2018, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by emericr
How did the install go? was it plug and play and do you have an issue with the blinking (read some posts that there is a resistor issue)?

If you are running stock tails then fast blinking shouldn't be an issue as the stock filament bulbs in the rear will have enough resistance. LED tails AND LED front signals do act a little odd if you have the lower bumper lights. I have LEDs in all my lights and with the turn signal on and the brake pressed the lower bumper light will blink opposite of the main rear tail light.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 AM

As I got further along in my LED upgrade and installation of additional LED lights I started to have little intermittent quirks. The last one being one of the headlights going out after using the high beam switch. I went back in and made sure everything had it's own new relay powered from the battery and triggered properly, not just from the easiest source.

For example my fog lights I had just tied into a convenient point on the headlight power so they would only come on when the headlights were on.

Once I took the time to do it right, the problems went away. A lot of scraped up knuckles though.

Then it started again. More weird stuff. This time it was a front windshield camera with a DVR . The camera had a rear screen so I could see what it was recording. Under the right conditions of what the camera was looking at during the night, the light sensor on the dash would pick it up and think it was daytime. Does this kind of crap happen to anyone else or is it just me.

Old 01-16-2018, 09:57 AM

I wouldn't say it would be just your rig. However, electrical stuff can get a little crazy depending how you do it. I've ran relays for everything I have installed on my rig with the main power coming directly from a distribution block from the battery/alternator. That way nothing is being pulled from other circuits which can cause issues down the road.

LEDs can also wreak havoc on systems not designed for them since they have little to no resistance. Luckily I have yet to have any issues with that in my rig, I have LEDs in every possible place minus the onstar module.

Quick Reply: Front LED Turn Signal Replacement ??