Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Front end suspension components

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2022, 03:18 PM
Default Front end suspension components

So been a long time since I have done any suspension work on the H2 and wondering what everyone's thoughts are on the go to's today. I know it use to be Cognito and Kryptonite and these may still be the right choices to upgrade over OEM but given the shrinking market figured I see what anyone has used and thoughts. Looks like Cognito has removed any H2 reference from website. Kryptonite still have a good offering. I have no real immediate need but have a front end that is getting "sloppy" and instead of chasing the individual items thinking I may just overhaul it.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-01-2022, 06:25 PM
Default Suspension

Are you doing any off roading and want to beef up every component, like the control arms, front sway bar, links, shocks?
I don’t have any experience with the brands you listed but I know its expensive.

when I did our entire suspension, I went with the Bilstein shocks and steering damper, ACdelco ball joints for upper and lower control arms, and standard links as I don’t take our truck off road at all but am looking to replace the control arms as well in the near future (most likely I’ll go with OEM). This truck is keeping my pockets slim not fat

Old 02-01-2022, 07:03 PM

Some off-roading for sure along w towing an enclosed trailer and SxS. Also considering 37" tires which I know would add stress hence why I mentioned the two brands. Honestly my eyes are probably bigger than my budget so I hear you about the thin wallet.

Old 02-02-2022, 08:05 AM

Do you have a leveling kit on the truck, you'll need one with the 37" tires?
I recently purchased the Kryptonite top arms to add a little more travel for the front. I looked and researched for months and narrowed it down to the two companies you mentioned but both brands are getting hard to get without a 6 month delay.
Our trucks use pretty much the same components as the 2500 and 3500 so parts for the front should be readily available for years. There a number of companies making parts for the 3/4 and 1 ton trucks but it looks like the two listed are still on top.

Neal