Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Finally bought another H2

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2023, 04:11 PM
Default Finally bought another H2

Well its been a few years since I sold my last H2. I just made an agreement today to purchase a 2004 H2 from a local kid who has to sell as he is moving to Australia.

Its white with the tan interior but gray seats. Not sure how this every happend. I will change it all to black and fgo with replacement seat covers. I like the modern Bently type stich so if anyone has a link for that please let me know.

Nothing in the interior is broken just not my color. I know it has either running lights or sunroof leaking but I've been there before so not worried about it too much.

The windsheild trim looks rigged and has splice in the center. This will never fly with me out of aestetics alone so if anyone can give me a bead on part numbers for that I would appreciate it.

Its white in color which is OK. New transmission and new front end parts and new wheels with 37" tires. I hate the rims but they might grow on me.

The biggest project I see is that I am not going to deal with the 6.0l. Its under 200k miles and runs strong but having been there and done this already I am going to seek out and see if I can put a modern 6.2 with 10spd in it. ANy links on that would be appreciated too. If any of you remeber my last one I build a high HP 6.0 for my last one right before selling it. I'd go that route again but my 2019 Yukon with 6.2 and 10spd has spoiled me.

Pics up this weekend.

Tim

Old 08-23-2023, 08:50 PM

I totally get where you’re coming from with those 10 speeds. They are awesome. I personally like the 6.0 for that iron block strength and reliability. I think you would have a hell of a time trying to put a new 6.2 and 10 speed in there and have it all integrated and working properly. Even the can bus networks work completely differently between these generations.

I really think this would be cool to work but I don’t think the benefits outweigh the pain of going through all of it. I don’t know the price difference really and it may be out of the ballpark but have you considered a duramax swap? Might actually be easier and it damn sure would drive better than your Denali.

Old 08-24-2023, 08:13 AM

Congrats on the new rig, I had a 6.2 Denali and loved how it drove. It would be nice if you could make it work.

Old 08-24-2023, 11:29 AM

Congrats - look here for finding obscure part numbers. All of the main GM part sites remove the part numbers once a part is no longer available which is frustrating if you still want to just get the part number...

https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/epc/

On the 6.2 I think the engine itself probably would not be horrifying to do but you would probably need to delete any sort of DoD and potentially other new tech that the 6.0 LQ4 did not have, use and modify the LQ4 harness, and have custom tuning done. The trans, not so easy.

In either case - it is vastly easier and cheaper to just do as you did before and get a built LQ4 and potentially a built 4L65.

If you really want a 6.2 then I'd say get an 08/09 model.

Last edited by MixManSC; 08-24-2023 at 11:32 AM.
Old 08-24-2023, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

^^ What he said ^^ X2.