PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fair Price for a 2003 H2?

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 10:18 PM
Default Fair Price for a 2003 H2?

I am in the process of negotiating on a 2003 Sunset Orange Metallic H2 with a dealer and the truck has 36,000 miles. We are at a stale mate right now at $21,500. He has taken the H2 out of the system waiting for my answer. The carfax is clean, no accidents, no 3rd row seat but it does have the internal and external tire mount. Everything else is pretty much base and it is very very clean.

I would hate to lose this vehicle if what he is offering is fair. Everything I found in this price range has had at least 60 to 100k miles. I figure I would ask the experts known as owners. Also, any common trouble with these trucks where i should suggest a extended warranty since it is an 03?

Old 09-22-2012, 11:01 PM

imo that isnt too bad at 21500 with those miles on it. that is really low mileage for an 03. even a base model is worth it with those miles. id give an arm and half a leg to have 36000 on mine to start as a platform for building.

thats just my .02 though, i just paid 21500 for my 03 adv. with the mods in my sig but it had 106000 on it. i paid a bit much if it was stock but its not, so the extra 1500-2000 grand was well worth it. the tires are worth more than that so i cant complain. mine was also private though.

warr would be stuff like the tie rods and wheel bearings. some of them had a few other issues too but nothing real crazy. if you could get a warr for a few hundred bucks it would be worth it. i would be more concerned about the plugs, wires, belts, and other maintenance stuff. even with only 36000 on it, the belts can get wear checked. it also has sat alot so the rest could need some maintenance too.

if its in good shape, id pick it up if it was me. the orange is supposed to be a limited edition but idk, i havent got the official word on that yet. plus its a hummer so you cant go wrong anyway.

just my .02,
steve

Old 09-22-2012, 11:07 PM
Default Food for thought...

Some of the 03's are going for up to 30K. Depends on the mileage and condition. Some of the equipments may not play as big of a role as some people may tell you. Due to the limited availability of these vehicles and the recent high demand on them nationwide and worldwide, I would not wait long before I make a decision on buying.
One of the issues you will face sooner or later are as follow:

- Body mounts
- Water leaks
- Cross member
- Internal creaks
- Exhaust shield
- Suspension components (tie rods, pitman and idler arm and upper ball joint)

Given that the previous owner did their share with keeping the vehicle maintained then you are looking at a great deal.
A lot of freaks will come on here and tell you that you don't need to replace certain fluids because the miles are low but 10 years take everything off the table. You will need to flush everything out and replace with fresh fluids upon taking delivery of the vehicle.

Hope this helps and good luck!

Old 09-22-2012, 11:26 PM

Thanks guys for taking the time to respond. It was very informative and I think we may have a sale. I have tomorrow to really think it over because they are closed but it sounds like bright and early Monday morning I may need to accept his offer unless they change their mind which I don't believe they will do. It is a big dealership not a mom and pop corner store.

Old 09-23-2012, 08:36 PM

If your from NY and this truck is the one at Arroway Chevrolet......Stay away from it

Old 09-23-2012, 09:57 PM

I don't see you and the dealer being in a "stalemate". You want it, their price is $21,500, take it or leave it.
The dealer I bought my H2 from (long distance, over the phone deal) worked with me to take my word on trading them my H3 with pictures and description and offered a fair trade amount and gave me the bottom line. I tried to talk him down, but he held at his price---it was to me whether I wanted to make a deal. If I wanted the deuce, I'd have to pay what he was asking. Pretty simple once you get over that.
I understand you not knowing what to pay because the miles are so low, but you can get a really good average based on what is available and go with that. More or less, sounds like you'd be getting an awesome low mileage truck for a good price.
Enjoy!

Old 09-23-2012, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by twinmill28
I don't see you and the dealer being in a "stalemate". You want it, their price is $21,500, take it or leave it.
The dealer I bought my H2 from (long distance, over the phone deal) worked with me to take my word on trading them my H3 with pictures and description and offered a fair trade amount and gave me the bottom line. I tried to talk him down, but he held at his price---it was to me whether I wanted to make a deal. If I wanted the deuce, I'd have to pay what he was asking. Pretty simple once you get over that.
I understand you not knowing what to pay because the miles are so low, but you can get a really good average based on what is available and go with that. More or less, sounds like you'd be getting an awesome low mileage truck for a good price.
Enjoy!
I did the same deal here
I sent over pics of my 2011 JK with low miles and the dealer offered me top dollar for it. I got to the dealership late at night and when I arrived I found a ding on the back quarter panel by the tail gate and a cracked windshield, I told the manager that those issues were not disclosed to me over the phone nor through any pictures they sent over, and he honored it by taking out 500.00 more Dollars which in return paid for the repairs in full.
The truck I got was 4000.00 below KBB value and was in deed a great one.
It all depends on what's valuable to you and what is it you are looking for.
Keep us posted to what you found.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by gotafish
If your from NY and this truck is the one at Arroway Chevrolet......Stay away from it
nope, I'm on the west coast.

Old 09-26-2012, 04:06 PM

I'd take a look underneath, if no rust then it sounds like a pretty good deal.

I bought mine from a family friend, 03' canepa design adv. package w/ 85,000 on it for 15k. carmax offered him 13k so I gave him an extra couple grand out of guilt. I felt like they were cheating him but I'd love a lower mileage one to start out with.