Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Driver side rear bose speaker no sound

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2019, 12:19 PM
Default Driver side rear bose speaker no sound

Hey guys I got a 2003 hummer h2 with factory bose and I don’t really play music too much now a days and I noticed my speaker in rear driver side door is not working. I checked the fader and everything is good.

The driver and passenger front work fine

The passenger rear works fine

The driver and passenger trunk speakers work fine

But the one on the back driver side door doesn’t have any sound.

Is this common for our speakers? Anything I should look for? I assume the only thing I can do is take it out and test it or swap it with the one in the passenger side rear door and see if it works

Thanks

Old 10-15-2019, 01:54 PM

Could be the speaker, wiring somewhere, or possibly even one of the butt connectors you used while installing did not make a good connection. Hard telling. I'd start with whatever is easiest to get at first which will be the speaker itself but that is also a risky bit as the door panels are old and brittle so you must be careful to not crack or break anything. You might break one of the retainer clips for the panel regardless though. There was a thread on here recently where someone found a source for the correct original style retainer clips for the door panels.

I've been pretty surprised as I've seen a lot of older stock speakers where the foam surround on the cone is dried out and simply gone but the stock Bose speakers, at least in my 2003, sound surprisingly very good and are all still in good condition. The stock Bose speakers in my 1999 GMC truck did not make it through the years nearly as well. lol