Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Doors lock/unlock issues - please help!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 07:07 PM
Arrow Doors lock/unlock issues - please help!

Hello, new hummer owner, new forum member here..nice place y'all got!

I just purchased a '04 H2, - love it but..

My problem : My Doors (all + hatch) will not 'unlock' wuth the remote, but will 'lock', and everything works normally when operated manually.

I've tried a new battery in the remote with no happy result, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for youer suggestions/help.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:45 PM

Update - I checked the fuses in the panel at driver's side dash saw two relays that were the same number one stating lock, one unlock, sweitched them to see what'd happen, nothing...all other fuses I checked were good too.

Help!! Things like this drive me crazy!!

Old 03-01-2010, 11:44 PM

Try checking your remote. It is possible that the unlock contacts may be dirty inside of the remote.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM

Try checking your remote. It is possible that the unlock contacts may be dirty inside of the remote.
Man, that ^ was a great idea..I took the remote apart this morning, and saw a little bit of dirt...cleaned it really well..and no. I was really hoping that was it....any other ideas?

Thank you for the suggestion parabat.

Old 03-02-2010, 12:45 PM

You didn't say the manual unlock button is also broke, so that's not the issue. It will lock so the receiver in the truck is working. I would suspect the transmitter (remote). You only have one remote? That makes it harder to figure out what's going on.

It could be the remote is sending an incorrect unlock code and needs to be reinitialized. See if this helps:

http://www.ehow.com/how_4912059_prog...s-remotes.html

Step 1 Put your key in the ignition of your vehicle and make sure all of the doors and the trunk are closed before you get in your vehicle. Do not turn your car on.

Step 2 Hold the unlock button on your driver door and turn your key two clicks to the right. Your car will not be started, but it will be in the "On" position. Continue holding the "Unlock" button.

Step 3 Turn your key to the left so your car is off, and then turn it on and off one more time, all while holding the unlock button. The horn will then honk, and your doors will all lock, which will signify that the programming mode is active and you can release the "Unlock" button.

Step 4 Press and hold both the "Unlock" and "Lock" buttons on your keyless remote. Hold the buttons for between 10 and 20 seconds. Once the locks have again clicked on the car, you can release the buttons.

Step 5 Turn you key into the "On" position again and then turn it off. Your car's horn will once again activate, signifying that the programming mode has ended.

Step 6 Remove your key and test your keyless remote to see if the programming mode has worked.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:09 PM

Vegasguy - Yes, I only have one remote...and yes, everything works correctly using the manual (door mounted) switches.

I have already tried reprogramming the remote as well. I guess I need to find another remote to see if that's the issue. Although I'd hate to go to my local dealership and buy one and it NOT work as well..

Thanks for your suggestions/help.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:39 PM
Smile

Heck I would check ebay. There cheap and come with the program instructions! Thats what I do.

Old 03-02-2010, 06:46 PM

My wife reminded me that one of the remotes for our 14 year old Montero has the same issue. The lock button was rarely used so it works fine. The unlock button was used all the time on this remote and it works intermittently. The contacts are wore out. If I short out the contacts it works every time.

Old 10-18-2020, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Spike44
Hello, new hummer owner, new forum member here..nice place y'all got!

I just purchased a '04 H2, - love it but..

My problem : My Doors (all + hatch) will not 'unlock' wuth the remote, but will 'lock', and everything works normally when operated manually.

I've tried a new battery in the remote with no happy result, any ideas?

Thanks in advance for youer suggestions/help.
i have same problem but my unlock button on driver door wont work either you can try and reprogram remote from youtube