Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Climate control panel dead.

Old 03-11-2016, 08:39 PM
Default Climate control panel dead.

My '03 H2 climate control panel is dead. No button or selector produces any results. Passenger side blows hot air all the time. The battery was low and I had to recharge. No lights on climate screen. Checked all fuses under the hood. Are there other fuses that control this panel?
Thanks for any suggestions.

Old 03-14-2016, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by ltisdale
My '03 H2 climate control panel is dead. No button or selector produces any results. Passenger side blows hot air all the time. The battery was low and I had to recharge. No lights on climate screen. Checked all fuses under the hood. Are there other fuses that control this panel?
Thanks for any suggestions.
I know you have more fuses by the driver side door, left side of dash facing door.

Old 03-14-2016, 01:37 PM
Default Climate control panel dead.

"I know you have more fuses by the driver side door, left side of dash facing door."

Thanks for the additional information. I checked all of those and they are all good. I'm wondering if the entire climate control panel is toast.

Old 03-15-2016, 08:17 AM

I have a 03 and if your interior lights are turned off by the switch, and/or dimmer wheel, the AC panel will not display anything.

Old 03-17-2016, 06:07 AM

I had a similar problem with the panel dying. Turned out my rollover sensor was showing a fault (had a diagnostic run). I bought a spare one (off the 'bay) but it seemed to rectify itself, so i never actually changed it, but it didn't just affect my heater panel, it took out the radio and the cruise control module also. If I have any more problems in the future i'll replace the sensor, as everything else was showing normal (I have an '09). Might be worth a check ?

Old 03-24-2016, 11:54 AM

had my panel rebuilt as well, it would blow resistors like it was eating candy.

might be worth checking to see what voltages are coming out of it and go from there.

steve

Old 03-25-2016, 10:24 PM

I would start with basics. Sometimes a low battery and recharge will not reset things. Pull your battery cable for 15-20 mins (30 best case) to let everything "reset" then reconnect the cable and see what happens.

Old 04-04-2019, 07:03 PM
Default Exact same problem. No idea why the displays died!

Frustrated! Radio still works in the front. Rear control display works and shows the radio station. Buttons on radio work. Climate control display dead. Stuck on heat. I can turn the fan up but temperature controls don't work. Should I just buy new ones? I can take it apart and test wires but don't want to if I don't need too. All fuses perfect. Not sure where the rollover sensor is but I'll look that up. Any other ideas??

Originally Posted by Baldfox
I had a similar problem with the panel dying. Turned out my rollover sensor was showing a fault (had a diagnostic run). I bought a spare one (off the 'bay) but it seemed to rectify itself, so i never actually changed it, but it didn't just affect my heater panel, it took out the radio and the cruise control module also. If I have any more problems in the future i'll replace the sensor, as everything else was showing normal (I have an '09). Might be worth a check ?

Old 04-06-2019, 10:45 PM

If you can control the fan, then the climate control unit is getting power and it is not a fuse or power issue. It could be just the display is out and you can't tell what you are setting the driver and passenger zones at. I would recommend replacing the control unit. You can find them used at a reasonable price on ebay.

Old 04-09-2019, 05:03 PM

Circuit diagram here...

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
AC Heater System Automatic.pdf (1.67 MB, 678 views)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Climate control panel dead.