PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chrome Gas Cover installation

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 12:45 AM
Default Chrome Gas Cover installation

I just got the nice new chrome gas cover, WITHOUT instructions, anyone able to help me get this baby installed? or know where the instructions might be on the net?

Thanks
BK

Old 07-27-2006, 12:51 AM
Default RE: Chrome Gas Cover installation

This is for a H2

Old 07-27-2006, 01:06 AM

Yes that is correct for a H2

Old 07-27-2006, 05:03 AM

take off the gas cap. there are 3 screws holding the plastic "cup" in the filler hole to the filler neck, take them out. then remove the plastic "cup" by twisting it, not sure which direction though, noting which end is the top. the new cover should have flanges on the back, with screws going around the circumference. take out the screws, line up the "cup" with the top of the cover, and put the screws back in. this should hold the cup to the cap. put the "cup" back into the hole in the side, twist it back in to lock it, and replace the 3 screws on the side of the filler neck. put the gas cap back on, close the chrome cover, and stand back and admire your work.

be careful when you put it all back together, the chrome cap may scratch the paint around the edges. i used blue masking tape on the inside of mine so as to not scratch the paint too bad.

Old 07-27-2006, 05:55 AM

Go to the Dealership and pay them $50

Old 07-27-2006, 02:04 PM

Oh yeah baby, thank you Shortbus, piece of cake as you described, you turn it counter clockwise and clockwise to lock it back, thanks for the tape tip as well, awesome man awesome!

She looks so purty now!

I had to dry hump her real quick [8D], opppsy can I say that here? hahaha!

I will post some pictures soon enough, just trying to catch up to all these other G'd hummers first lol

BK

ORIGINAL: shortbus

take off the gas cap. there are 3 screws holding the plastic "cup" in the filler hole to the filler neck, take them out. then remove the plastic "cup" by twisting it, not sure which direction though, noting which end is the top. the new cover should have flanges on the back, with screws going around the circumference. take out the screws, line up the "cup" with the top of the cover, and put the screws back in. this should hold the cup to the cap. put the "cup" back into the hole in the side, twist it back in to lock it, and replace the 3 screws on the side of the filler neck. put the gas cap back on, close the chrome cover, and stand back and admire your work.

be careful when you put it all back together, the chrome cap may scratch the paint around the edges. i used blue masking tape on the inside of mine so as to not scratch the paint too bad.

Old 07-27-2006, 02:06 PM

Hey I paid those dudes enough for the Tank and they didnt even wipe down the top of the hummer after they washed it! [:'(] lolz
DOPE!
ORIGINAL: HummBob

Old 07-27-2006, 02:31 PM

Any particular dealer you recommend? Any discounts available?

Old 07-27-2006, 03:17 PM

From what my buddies told me, when you go to a dealer and have any service preformed,
then they start sending you a monthly coupon book for maintenance and service discounts,
so I went and had the oil and air filter changed at Mark Christopher, even though I bought mine at a different dealer, because they are close to where I am located FYI.

BK
ORIGINAL: Hummerguy123

Any particular dealer you recommend? Any discounts available?