Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

On board air compressor line aize

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2020, 10:32 AM
Default On board air compressor line aize

Hey guys, what size line can I use for my on board air compressor? I see the hookup in the bed but I’m not sure what type of line hookup to use for it? Couldn’t find anything on Google.

Old 06-08-2020, 04:02 PM

I know on the H2 SUV's it is a metric size..... it is written on the tubing but it is hard to see. I forget off the top of my head what the size is.

Old 06-08-2020, 08:00 PM

1/4" Viair

Old 06-09-2020, 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
1/4" Viair
Is that the size needed to hook up to the compressor? I'm looking for the attachment and line size to use the compressor in the truck bed.

Old 06-09-2020, 11:38 AM

The factory lines underneath are not 1/4". They are metric as I mentioned above. I ran into this before when trying to replace an air spring line and realized that the brass end insert would not fit inside the tube and then I had leaks as imperial sizes are a tiny bit too small - 6mm is like .23 inches. I have a spare system so I just double checked and the lines are indeed marked. The larger lines on the compressor itself are 8x1 and the smaller lines to the air springs are 6x1. More specifically 8mm outside diameter x 1mm wall thickness and 6mm OD x 1mm wall thickness and are DIN type 74324 PA12 PHLY polyamide tubing.

Up above the (I think the SUT has the same inflator accessory setup) vehicles come with a long rubber hose with an integrated pressure gauge and a couple of inflatable fittings like for a basketball and for floats and whatnot that fit onto the tire valve end. It is identical to the accessory inflator kit used on multiple GM vehicles. I think the typical GM ones say GM on the inside of the pressure guage while the Hummer ones did say Hummer but they are identical and interchangeable. I think the hose is like 20 feet long. This is one of the kits on eBay but at a stupidly high price - I've seen them before for like $30 or so.... https://www.ebay.com/itm/222653537835

GM part # for the kit is 10433823 - there are a few others on eBay including used and new with the extra fittings.... https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro..._odkw=10433823

Last edited by MixManSC; 06-09-2020 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-09-2020, 11:58 AM

@MixManSC Awesome! Thanks for the info on that. I was unaware that GM had offered the onboard air system for other vehicles. This is the 1st I have seen with it, an I am pretty knowledgeable on GM trucks. I purchased my H2 a few weeks back and havent seen the kit inside. I havent checked the area where the spare tire jack is. I gotta feeling it may be inside that compartment. The H2 is in awesome shape and has all the owners manuals, 2 keys, etc. I would think since it has everything else it may have this too. I just havent looked in the right spot for it! Now that I know what I am looking for I might get lucky!

PS , thanks for the detailed info. It seems real hard to find good info on these things. I am used to the Corvette/GM truck world. Guess there are more made but still.

Old 06-09-2020, 05:53 PM

Yep - I think the GMC Envoy and Buick Ranier along with a couple of other had an accessory air compressor. Ours of course also is able to raise and lower the rear a couple of inches. For what its worth, my opinion is that the air suspension on these is great, especially if you tow much. It rides a little better than springs. The popular thing many do when something in the rear air system fails though is to yank the whole setup out and convert it to coil springs. The air springs will eventually need to be replaced but coil springs also get weaker over time too, just not as dramatic as an air spring that has leaked down...

Even harder to find anymore are the other original accessory kits that were available on some like the first aid kit, the adventure kit (cam with walie talkies), and another kit which came with an air guage custom Hummer engraved leatherman and a hummer engraved mag light. I have the first aid kit and the one with the leatherman and mag light. I also have the air inflator accessories...

Old 06-10-2020, 06:40 AM

Thats too cool! My dad had an 03 when they were new and traded it in on lemon for an 04. I LOVED it as a kid. Now a father of my own I snagged 1 a few weeks back. I was so young back then I didnt know about the air ride and the other things you mentioned above, as my dads didnt have that. I did find the air kit in the bed. Now I am going to be looking for the leatherman and first aid kit lol. I dont believe mine has them though.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:12 AM

Iif it ever did have them they are probably long gone by a prior owner. I'm not 100% sure where some of the kits that were available would have been mounted in the SUT versions. I have an SUV which has a place in the rear for the kits to sit.

Check this thread... https://www.hummerforums.com/forum/h...ool-kit-41243/

I just double checked and the guy in Arizona does still have ads on Craiglist for the two kits so I'm pretty sure he still has some to sell.

Old 06-10-2020, 09:24 AM

Damn, that is too cool! Seems like everyday I find something else cool about these things. Neat to see manufactures offer those type of things back in the day.

Quick Reply: On board air compressor line aize