PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blower Motor falure '03 H2

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Default Blower Motor falure '03 H2

Just picked up a '03 H2 , so far I've added the Mc2 20" rims & nitto 325/60/20 terra grapplers, added edelbrock shorty headers (due to broken studs) which I understand is a fairly common problem & airaid intake kit, anyway I seem to have a problem with the HVAC system, no fan control, I'm pretty sure it is the blower module that has failed, I swapped one out of a GMC truck & the fan stays on hi ?? I think this may be a h2 specific part, any one run into this???

Old 01-04-2009, 06:47 PM
Default RE: Blower Motor falure '03 H2

here she is , air ride & moon

Old 01-04-2009, 06:53 PM

[8D]

Old 01-08-2009, 08:52 PM

no one has had this problem? I having a hard time finding this blower module, H2 only & no dealers stock it, (on back order)

Old 01-09-2009, 09:35 AM

That sucks that no one has it. I hope mine does not go out. How much is the module?

Old 01-10-2009, 08:43 AM

$172 at the dealer & 89 at rockauto.com I found online, 3 day back order so I'm waiting

Old 08-26-2010, 01:53 PM
Default hummer blower moduel problem

I've replaced 3 in just 2 years. the problem is the moduel controls a lot of current but hummer moduels have small wires that heat up and melts the plug... then another new moduel has to be bought. no plug can be bought, its a big problem and 148.00 each time i bought one.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:21 AM

Auto parts directas the moduel, 104.00 I've replaced 3 of them over a two years period. The guy at Auto Parts Direct told me if the blower control moduel keeps going bad because the plug from the moduel to the blower is heating up and burning out the moduel it is because the blower motor is pulling to much current. This is caused by the bearings in the blower motor. So I ordred both blower control moduel and the blower motor (87.00) module (104) not bad because before I was paying 160 + tax for the module alone.... hope this helps. BTW the module is bad when the blower is running and want shut off even after you turn off the key, blower running but no air from vents ( could also be a broken actuator) check the plug though ever time mine was melted.. makes since regarding the currrent draw from the blower. I think that will fix it..

Old 09-26-2010, 10:56 PM
Smile Blower Control Moduel

It seems to be a common problem one that I have had but I've learned a few tricks too.... First if you used a part from another truck make sure the + and - wire is on the same side of the plug. they look the same but some moduels are + s - and others are - s + on the control moduels. Now for the good part, well so so anyways, the problem with the moduel is not that they burn up but the wiring used on the plug itself. The moduel pulls a lot of current but the plug has small wires so it overheats and causes the moduel to burn the - pin and thus no fan control.... Now for the good news the moduel snaps apart easily and to really fix the problem I bypassed the plug completly by soildering the same size wire directly to the pins after snipping them to very short length, soldering the wire onto them and cutting the original 3 holes where the pins were to allow my heavy wire to pass through. then I use good but connectors and a damn good crimping tool to make a strong connection and have not had any problems since. One more peice of good new Hummer does not want you to know... the power transistor is the part that always breaks in the blower control moduel. If you look at the broken burned out moduel you will see a 3 legged tranistor copy the number on the tranistor and for a few dollars go buy another one from an electronics shop solder it in place some heat transfer grease on top and make to mod above (heavy wire) and put it back together... the repaired moduel cost about ten (10.00) dollars a new moduel 150.00... so if you got a broken moduel fix it it's simple to do and save you lots of money but I'd do the mod to the wires to stop having any additional problems. BTW the blower moduel is protected by a 40 amp fuse under the hood by the battery so just do away with the problem causing culprit the plug!

Old 09-26-2010, 11:06 PM
Wink blower running but no air

Here is one more tibbit of information, if you placed a blower control moduel into your hummer from another type of truck and the fan is running on high and there is no air comming out ...it's because the positive signal negative wires are not the same on your new found moduel.. it's negative signal positive just backwards and the motor is running the same.... backwards... and thus no air flow it's actually sucking not blowing.... I suggest you get the right moduel and one more thing the plug can be bought for the moduel but's 25.00 for just the plug see my post about a simple mod I used to cure my problems... worked for me!

Quick Reply: Blower Motor falure '03 H2