Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Black/sliver gradient paint job hummer h2 2008 looking for the history of the car

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2024, 01:28 PM
Default Black/sliver gradient paint job hummer h2 2008 looking for the history of the car

Hey guys.

Just as the title says I'm looking for any info on where this car was made and what the history of it was. As i want to go get it repainted to get rid of the blemishes that are in the paint and as you can guess the paint shop down the street doesn't do this kinda paint. I'm also based out of Houston Texas if there's any paint shops around me or in Texas in general I could go to to get it repainted

thanks to everyone who read this

Old 01-07-2024, 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by aahil12345
Hey guys.

Just as the title says I'm looking for any info on where this car was made and what the history of it was. As i want to go get it repainted to get rid of the blemishes that are in the paint and as you can guess the paint shop down the street doesn't do this kinda paint. I'm also based out of Houston Texas if there's any paint shops around me or in Texas in general I could go to to get it repainted

thanks to everyone who read this

"Made" by GM @ AM General plant in MISHAWAKA, Ind.
Conversion by >>>Rod McSweeney

Last edited by hummerz; 01-07-2024 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-07-2024, 06:30 PM

I believe any paint shop can repaint your H2.
There are many good shops around the Houston area.
I’m in Katy and I have used a S&T Auto Body Services on the Katy freeway for my company trucks.
Why not Raptorize your H2?
My H2 is turning a lot of heads why I drive around with that raptor-liner.
Not sure who did this as I purchased the car in Austin.
But according my mechanic they did a super job as they had everything removed that they could remove to do the job.

Old 01-08-2024, 01:32 PM

I'll have to check it out. Also, i don't know i like the raptor look on the hummers and mine was a gift from my dad for my first car so i kinda wanna keep it the way it is till something pops out to me that I like. As of rn im trying to figure out what kind of light bar i want to install to replace the old on that on it then maybe down the line throw a Duramax or a Cummins into it

Old 01-08-2024, 01:56 PM

Like your idea to do the Duramax.
I drive myself a Chevy HD 2500 Z71 Duramax/Allison 6.2 Diesel.
I own two F250 power stroke Diesels and two older models Chevy Duramax Diesels.
The engine in my H2 has only 74k miles on it and lots of components are replaced to either upgrade or replace the older.
Most are all OEM.
Just placed an order for some Rigid pot lights for her and a good scoop with blackout LED’s in them.
Doing my homework on a roof visor with DRL and a lift kit of 4” as my after market wheels are slightly rubbing the front wheel cast and it driving me nuts if I back up in my shop.

Old 01-08-2024, 02:08 PM

Dude that sounds so SICK you should 100% post a picture of her when you get them installed I've been zooming into your avatar to check out ur Hummer H2 build it looks so sick. I've been looking at other builds to get inspiration for mine right now I have some under glow on her and she looks amazing during the night