Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Battery Drain?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Default Battery Drain?

I have had this happen to me twice now. If I don't drive the H2 for a couple of days, the battery dies. I have had the battery checked out and everything reads fine, so something is obviously draining it while the car is off. I don't mean it gets low and won't crank, I mean it get's so low the interior lights will barely even glow when you open the door.

I did a search and saw some people having issues with the ignition switch and the radio etc won't turn off, but that's not the case with mine. Everything is off. I do leave my radar plugged in, but that can't be drawing enough to drian the battery, as I have done it in other cars with no issues.

I do leave the keys in the ignition, but the ignition is fully off. Should I not be doing this? Does it keep the "brain" on and possibly drain the battery to even have the key in there?

Old 06-13-2011, 04:29 PM

Why don't you try the following:
1. Take the key out for a couple of days
2. Unplug the Radar detector for a couple of days
Did that solve the problem? If not then post back

Old 06-13-2011, 07:52 PM

I was hoping somebody might have gone through something similar and I could avoid killing the battery every time I try to eliminate something from the possible causes.

Old 06-13-2011, 09:05 PM

I had that same problem, and the solution is to remove the onstar fuse from the fuse box. Onstar drains the battery while the vehicle is turned off, try that, I guarantee you it will work. I had that problem for 1 year and a half, and a friend who also had that problem found that out, told me, I tried it, and it worked like a charm.

The fuse you need to remove is the one highlighted in this image:

http://www.hummerxclub.com/forum/dow...le.php?id=7876

Come back a few days from now, and tell me it worked, cause it will

Old 06-13-2011, 09:18 PM

Perfect! I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm not an OnStar subscriber though. Is it still "on" and pulling power anyway?

Old 06-14-2011, 08:36 PM

Yeah, it's still pulling power even if you are not subscribed. In the country I live that service is not available, and so far 3 people here had that problem, and removing the onstar fuse solved it.

Let me know later if it worked for you too.

I was going mad with the battery drains also, 1 year and half having that problem, and I just had to remove 1 little fuse of something that I didn't even use. lol

Old 06-15-2011, 08:05 AM

I pulled it Monday night after I saw your post. The weather really depends if I drive it much. If we have nice weather and it sits all this weekend, I'll get to see if it worked!

Thanks again!

Old 06-21-2011, 08:35 AM

you need to turn off the interior lights with the little overide button[ by the switch] so the lights dont come on when you open the door and try that let me know if that helps .

Old 06-21-2011, 09:33 AM

My hummer does this also thats funny. It takes about a week for it to happen thoe. Thats what my buddy tells me since I am deployed at the moment.

Old 06-21-2011, 10:50 AM
Banned

fwiw,,normal drain for,,h3 is 110 ma, or 1/10 amp.
its really quite a bit if just left sitting. disconnect or use a small trickle charge huh?

Quick Reply: Battery Drain?