PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any problems with front windshield?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Default RE: Any problems with front windshield?

No water here yet. Dry as a .......................something.........

Old 01-15-2007, 11:42 PM

car has been in shop for over 10 days now [sm=boohoo.gif]still waiting to see what corp and dealer decide on doing. I was supposed to pick it up but when they tested it for water leak it happened again, everyone is now baffled ([sm=dontgetit.gif])so I guess I just have to wait and see. At least they gave me a h2 loaner, not as nice as my own of course, but it will do for now.[sm=smiley19.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 07:15 AM

10 days and they can't fix a leak?[sm=wtf.gif]

Old 01-16-2007, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: Jackie

car has been in shop for over 10 days now [sm=boohoo.gif]still waiting to see what corp and dealer decide on doing. I was supposed to pick it up but when they tested it for water leak it happened again, everyone is now baffled ([sm=dontgetit.gif])so I guess I just have to wait and see. At least they gave me a h2 loaner, not as nice as my own of course, but it will do for now.[sm=smiley19.gif]
First off, Weclome to our forum. Secondly, you have my wife's name, so if I have some kind of mental sidetrack and call you baby, honey, sweety, sexy, etc., please forgive me

Secondly, that is rediculous. A Hummer dealer that can't fix a leak? That's rediculous. Where area do you live around?

Old 01-16-2007, 12:36 PM

I live in miami florida, born in chicago And yes I too think its crazy they have taken so long to fix a leak.

Old 01-16-2007, 12:42 PM
Super Moderator

I have lived here in Chicago my entire life. I would assume since you live in Miami they would know how to fix a leaky windshield, or leaky ANYTHING for that matter That's like me saying I don't know how to shovel snow.

Old 01-16-2007, 07:17 PM

ORIGINAL: Jackie

I have had this probelm 4 times going on 5, I still have to pick up my car from dealer. The first time it was making air noise through the windshield, then it was water leaking into the car from windshield. If anyone has had this problem let me know, Im trying for the lemon law but gm corp is not helping me out. Looking for a good lawyer.
Jackie,

I recently purchased anew H2 in the Miami area and intially had issues with what I thought was the windshield. No leaking, but a couple of vibration sounds.They arenow resolved.

Leaking is a serious issue but should nottake that long to repair. Something isn't right if you've had to wait 10 days.

What dealership are you dealing with?

Old 01-18-2007, 02:22 PM

In central Jersey the dealer has a water leak guy theybring in. So for leaking problems, you have to schedule an appointment well in advance. Otherwise, they couldkeep the vehicle for weeks until the Leak Man can make it.

I also have a leak in thefront. Water comes out of the driver's side grab handle when I wash it or it rains. I thought it might be a marker lamp, or maybe the sun roof, but it still leaks after several attempts to fix it. Typical.

Old 01-18-2007, 03:21 PM

my leak came out the pass. side grab handle, but that's because it was running along the headliner, which is molded down into the molding along the pillar. simple way to find the leak is to pull the headliner loose and use some compressed air to blow on the seal. spray soapy solution behind the outer windshield molding and watch to see where bubbles form, that's your leak. to pull the headliner loose, you'll need to remove the grab handle, the two square inserts pull straight out, grab handle comes out, that's the only thing holding the pillar molding on. then put a small screwdriver into the tiny cutout on the visor pivot mount, push up the elbow for the visor and turn, while the screwdriver is there. that releases the tab and allows the elbow mount to come loose for the visor. then your headliner will be loose to the center console on the roof for the map lights. there are 2 screws holding that up, you can remove them, push the upper console box forward, there are 2 clips that hold it to the headliner. once that's loose, your headliner can come down a bit further. this will give you access to the inner seal of your windshield and allow you to get a compressed air source in to test the seal. sealing it on the outside is tough, since you'll need to clean it really well and the outer molding is pretty tough to get under, but it can be done. 4th time worked for me, better than taking it to the dealership.

Old 01-20-2007, 02:06 AM

Well I just got my hummer back yesterday [sm=Awwww.gif]I cant belive my eyes its really here !!!! only after 11 days in the dealer. To solve the problem I had the dealer install an tiny barbie umbrella over the area to keep it from leaking water into my car. Seriously I am very happy to have it back, but I still would like some really good insurance from the dealer so I dont have to worry about his happening again.

Quick Reply: Any problems with front windshield?