PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Default air suspension

Hi,
I need help.
The a/c suddenly stopped working at the same time the air suspension stopped. The a/c control window on the dashboard will not light up and the vents are hot air and will not go cold. The little red dot on the compressor switch in the rear compartment is glowing but will not switch on. The rear suspension is low. Has anyone any idea what could be wrong?

Old 11-06-2012, 11:39 AM

I wish I could help you, I don't have any idea if they are related or if thats even possible. Sounds like an electrical issue to me, I'd just start checking fuses and relays to see if the compressor is even getting power.

Old 11-07-2012, 11:08 AM

Hi,
I checked the fuses & found a blown fuse. I replaced it & a/c works fine but the air in the rear still does not work & button on the dash does not work either--any ideas?

Old 11-13-2012, 06:10 PM

Well if you checked that the compressor is getting power and it's not doing anything you may be in a bind. the compressor will go bad if you have a leak in the system and didn't fix it right away. or maybe it just burned out. either way you can replace the compressor or go to a coil spring setup in the rear.

I prefer the air springs because I tow but the coil spring conversion is alot cheaper and wont break in the future.

Best place to start is to take it into a shop so they can diagnose it for you if you can't.

Old 11-16-2012, 10:13 AM

Hi-I'm just going to forget the air suspension and go with coils or struts at the rear. About how much will this cost and can I get coils long enough to raise the rear of the hummer as high as it went with the air suspension?

Old 11-16-2012, 07:44 PM
Default Air Suspension.

I have checked a couple of Hummer dealers here in Southern California. The dealers are against replacing the air suspension with struts & coils and suggested bringing the H2 in for a diagnostic check that could take from 1-2 days. Can anyone suggest a reputable repair shop in the Costa Mesa area that could change the air suspension with struts, coils & lift kit and do this type of work at a reasonable cost. I need advice as the rear is very low and needs attention quickly.
Thanks.

Old 11-19-2012, 09:39 AM

Just about anybody that does chevy work can do it. G/L yanking the air ride isn't something I would recommend either but people do it all the time.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:43 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by dougie
I have checked a couple of Hummer dealers here in Southern California. The dealers are against replacing the air suspension with struts & coils and suggested bringing the H2 in for a diagnostic check that could take from 1-2 days. Can anyone suggest a reputable repair shop in the Costa Mesa area that could change the air suspension with struts, coils & lift kit and do this type of work at a reasonable cost. I need advice as the rear is very low and needs attention quickly.
Thanks.
You can do it yourself if you wish!
Extensive post I made on this.
Rear Spring Install airbags are Gone! - Hummer Forums by Elcova
Go to gmpartsdirect.com: Alternate GM Catalog and you will need the rear springs and 2 Insulators each side for the springs. Dont do it w/o the Insulators or you will be rubbing Metal to metal!