PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

adusting rear ride height

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 02:16 PM
Default adusting rear ride height

So, I have a question. My right rear airbag is about 3/4 inch lower than the left. I have found the procedure to reset the trim according to the dealer but it requires a tool kit that basically hold up the rear after you decompress the airbags. Has anyone had to level theirs using the scanner and gone though this procedure before? I was wondering if I could just used jack stands which would do the same thing as the tool kit that hummer recommends.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:56 PM

I replaced my pass ride height sensor and mine is 1/2 inch off and i need to have this done as well. From what the dealer said they put the blocks on the axle, the blocks are the same size so when the let the air out of the bags the vehicle will rest on the blocks evenly then with a special computer they will calibrate the sensors so they read the same signal value. So jack stands wont ensure it is perfectly even and unless you have the computer with the ability to reprogram you wont be able to do it anyways. The dealer i talked to wants 110 to do it, i just need to find the time.
Greg

Old 09-11-2013, 11:54 AM

K, I have a snap on solus that was able to depressurize and recalibrate the sensors. I put my vehicle on an alignment rack(level) and depressurized with the scanner with the lift holding the bottom of the shock mounts evenly. then recalibrated with the scanner and the vehicle running and the bags filled back up evenly. still was off 3/4 inch so I did it again with a piece of rubber over the right side lift. perfect ride height now.

BTW the "special" computer is just a gm scan tool. they are mucho $$$$ but most gm techs have one.

Old 10-24-2013, 12:08 PM

Just an update on this "quick fix" after a few weeks my rear ride height is right back to where it started. Can't quite figure this one out. Does anyone know if there is a way to increase voltage to the rear springs independently of each other? or if there is a spacer that installs on top of the air bag to level the rear end? I haven't been able to find a solution.

And I did double check the air lines, they are not leaking and the bags are relatively new.

Old 10-24-2013, 03:11 PM

got mine done at the dealer and have not had a problem. Sounds like your looking for another "quick fix". Just take it to the dealer and pay the $99 for them to tell you whats wrong.

Old 10-25-2013, 11:51 AM

Thanks, gonna take it in...****! I Like circumventing the stealer at all costs but this is beyond my meager brain capacity.