PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

4 OEM 2005 H2 Rims (only) Wanted

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Default 4 OEM 2005 H2 Rims (only) Wanted

My stock chrome wheels are in bad condition due to the bad weather and winter salt used on UK roads.

I've looked into repairing them but chrome removal is both difficult and expensive here so I think replacements are the best option.

I'd be interested in a set of OEM chrome (center caps not needed) or a set of OEM alloy's (with center caps)

If anyone has a set for sale please let me know ...

Old 05-05-2017, 07:04 PM

Thats probably going to be a tough find over there. They are plentiful around here but the cost to ship them overseas would be as much as the wheels.

I found a set locally that I bought for mine for $400 and only had to drive 45 minutes to get them. On the local craigslist site there are right now 3 other sets for sale too. None are the chrome ones though - all satin finish. The chrome ones are a bit tougher to find. There are also plenty on eBay too.

Again - same issue though. They are all here in the US.

Old 05-06-2017, 08:13 AM

Is sandblasting and powdercoating an option for you. That is not very expensive over here anyway. I have seen wheels powdercoated in Silver and Black, both colors looked good. Another option is PVD coating. It's a cross between chrome plating and powdercoat. Holds up very well to salt. This place will give you an idea on the process.
Wheelconcepts dot com

Once you get your wheels done, make sure to never have a tyre shop pound wheel weights on the outer lip of your rim.

Old 05-08-2017, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by calif phil
Is sandblasting and powdercoating an option for you. That is not very expensive over here anyway. I have seen wheels powdercoated in Silver and Black, both colors looked good. Another option is PVD coating. It's a cross between chrome plating and powdercoat. Holds up very well to salt. This place will give you an idea on the process.
Wheelconcepts dot com

Once you get your wheels done, make sure to never have a tyre shop pound wheel weights on the outer lip of your rim.
Indeed if I can get the rims back to base metal I think there are many service and options in the UK such as spray chrome which looks really nice but not importantly not real chrome.

According to experts here, sandbasting removal of chrome from aluminium alloy is too difficult because the soft-alloy removal is faster than the hard-chrome and "pits" develop at the boundaries layers.

Currently I'm investigating de-chroming facilities (hard to find facilities here in the UK beacuse of EU restrictions) if anyone has successfully done this please let me know what the results were like and what finish you had put on.