Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 h2 Driver wiper stopped working

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2020, 11:51 AM
Default 2008 h2 Driver wiper stopped working

Driving home from work last night and had my wipers on. My driver wiper went up and did not come back down. I had to push it back down and it went down with no problems but will not come back up. Passenger side is working fine. I live in buffalo ny and it’s about 4 degrees outside since last night. It supposed to warm up tomorrow so I will look at it tomorrow. I don’t know if the cold could have contributed to something breaking. Just wondering what I should look out for and if this has happened to anyone else

Old 02-14-2020, 03:44 PM

Arm or transmission...

This will give you an idea how to check

Old 02-19-2020, 11:54 AM

Thank you. I took the wiper arm off and when I turn the wipers on the driver side is not rotating so it looks like something is broken inside. In this video the grooves were worn out and mine are not. So I’ll have to take it apart further this weekend. Thank you for responding

Old 02-19-2020, 12:39 PM

Yes you have to go in, it appears that a pivot popped. Reinstall if not damaged or replacement here: 19152886

Old 02-19-2020, 08:57 PM

watch this video to see how to remove the cowl before trying. at least watch from 0:50 to 7 minutes that part pertains to you.

Last edited by bronxteck; 02-19-2020 at 09:03 PM.
Old 02-24-2020, 06:53 AM

This video shows you the H2 complete wiper assembly, at least you will get some idea as what could be wrong and how to remove it, repair/replace the defective parts.

As Hummerz suggested it sounds like there's an issue with the drivers-side pivot-arm, it may or may not be repairable.

If you do manage repair it, also check for play in the wiper-arm bush, try puling on and see if there is any significant movement, if there is the wiper-blade will pull away from the glass, also there there wll be a distinctive "clunk" as the wiper blade changes direction.
You can fix this with a 1/2" tap washer slit on one side and pushed over the shaft on the rear side of the bush, the washer won't come-out and will take-up the play, its also cheaper than than a new wiper assembly.

Old 03-09-2020, 12:26 PM

So it was the driver arm that had broke off from the motor. I had already bought the whole assembly because I wasn’t sure what I was going to find when I took it apart. So I just replaced the whole thing. Thank you for the videos and responding. it was a huge help. Especially taking the cowl off. I may have to replace a couple clips. But hey my wiper is working again!!!

Old 03-09-2020, 01:21 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Brandolynn
So it was the driver arm that had broke off from the motor. I had already bought the whole assembly because I wasn’t sure what I was going to find when I took it apart. So I just replaced the whole thing. Thank you for the videos and responding. it was a huge help. Especially taking the cowl off. I may have to replace a couple clips. But hey my wiper is working again!!!
Thanks for taking the time to come back and post the fix - it is very helpful for others who come along later

Old 03-09-2020, 05:11 PM

Ditto that...

Old 03-09-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Brandolynn
Nice work, you saved yourself a lot of $$$. Just to clarify: "arm broke off", is the bushing destroyed on the link?
Can you post a pic of where the "break" occurred?