Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2008 H2 BCM replacement

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2015, 06:18 PM
Default 2008 H2 BCM replacement

Does anyone know where the BCM is located on a 2008, and how to replace it? ( I know it will need to be programmed). Headlights and left turn signal don't work at all. Dealer diagnostics say it's the body control module...

Old 02-11-2015, 07:25 PM

Update: BCM is located under the steering wheel kick panel. I ended up having the dealer replace it. $310 for the part and $355 for labor/programming.

Old 02-11-2015, 09:16 PM

How it could happened that your left turn signal and head lights didn't work? How about all other units that supposed to be controlled by BCM? Did rest of them worked or not? Was it any water damage to BCM,?

Old 02-11-2015, 09:31 PM

No water damage. All other BCM functions worked except those two. The dealer tech said he tested those terminals to the BCM and they had no input...

Old 02-11-2015, 10:36 PM

So may be it could be mulfunction of some other units or may be even fuses? May be your BCM shouldn't be replaced? Try to consult with other mechanics before to replace it? Dealerships like to replace many different things!

Old 02-11-2015, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by collega
So may be it could be mulfunction of some other units or may be even fuses? May be your BCM shouldn't be replaced? Try to consult with other mechanics before to replace it? Dealerships like to replace many different things!
I hear you. I hate going to the dealer. I can do anything mechanical, but when it comes to electrical I am limited. I checked the fuses, relays and both headlight and then signal switch. They all checked out. So trust me, taking it in was my last resort. The only plus is that anything the dealer replaces is under warranty.

Old 02-12-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by H2008
I hear you. I hate going to the dealer. I can do anything mechanical, but when it comes to electrical I am limited. I checked the fuses, relays and both headlight and then signal switch. They all checked out. So trust me, taking it in was my last resort. The only plus is that anything the dealer replaces is under warranty.
Oh, if it's under warranty, so you are okay! In that case You don't need to be worry about this replacement! So let them do it for you until your warranty is still available. For future You don't need to worry about this BCM!

Old 02-12-2015, 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by collega
Oh, if it's under warranty, so you are okay! In that case You don't need to be worry about this replacement! So let them do it for you until your warranty is still available. For future You don't need to worry about this BCM!
"This BCM" as in the replacement or the BCM on h2s in general?

Old 02-12-2015, 02:56 PM

Haha, so after picking up the H2 from the dealer, I noticed that the rear camera and backup lights are not working. Took it back and diagnosis: no output from bcm to those functions. They said the bcm they jut put in was bad and a new one will be put in under warranty. Any thoughts...???

Old 02-12-2015, 03:00 PM

Wow, this is ridiculous! I know that sometimes dealerships could do that kind of "good job"! But it depends on professional and personal attitude people, who works over there!

Quick Reply: 2008 H2 BCM replacement