Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

2006 H2 Hummer leak

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021, 06:52 AM
Default 2006 H2 Hummer leak

I could really use someones assistance on an annoying water leak that is happening above the drivers side front windshield. Water is slowly dripping from inside the weld bead line underneath the windshield. I have had the windshield experts reseal the windshield, which was not the issue but had it done anyway. Have had two "expert" water leak experts and currently working with one at the GMC dealership to find this leak. I have removed the headliner so one can better see where the water is coming from but no one seems to be able to figure it out.

I am the original owner and it has never been wrecked.

I am hoping someone may have insight on what it could be or what is happening. I took a video during a rain storm but cannot seem to load it to the site so one can view.

Thanks

Old 10-02-2021, 12:17 AM
Default Roof markers

Check all roof marker light seals

Old 10-08-2021, 01:32 AM

Same exact thing happened to me, It is the body seam seal under the cargo rack plastic were the corner lights are! You will have to take off the luggage rack to access.

Old 10-08-2021, 07:26 PM

Check these locations.

H2's leak at the following locations: Under marker lights due to bad seals, sunroof where the drains are plugged or the drain hoses have failed. Roof body seams that run the length of the roof from under the clearance lights in the front to the rear. And some have indicated that a badly installed windshield also.

In my experience with my 3 H2's the problems are usually a clogged drain hose or the clearance light leaking.

Old 10-08-2021, 10:07 PM

I replaced my window 2 times before figuring out the body seam, it just looks like it was leaking from the window

Last edited by jimf350; 10-08-2021 at 11:01 PM.
Old 10-29-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by CiscoH2
I could really use someones assistance on an annoying water leak that is happening above the drivers side front windshield. Water is slowly dripping from inside the weld bead line underneath the windshield. I have had the windshield experts reseal the windshield, which was not the issue but had it done anyway. Have had two "expert" water leak experts and currently working with one at the GMC dealership to find this leak. I have removed the headliner so one can better see where the water is coming from but no one seems to be able to figure it out.

I am the original owner and it has never been wrecked.

I am hoping someone may have insight on what it could be or what is happening. I took a video during a rain storm but cannot seem to load it to the site so one can view.

Thanks
How about the rain gutter 3M sealant tape.. do you see cracking in any part of the tape seal? This would be my bet.

Old 10-29-2021, 05:08 PM

Originally Posted by jimf350
Same exact thing happened to me, It is the body seam seal under the cargo rack plastic were the corner lights are! You will have to take off the luggage rack to access.
Exactly what I was betting on