Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

06 Hummer H2 Orange

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2021, 11:25 AM
Default 06 Hummer H2 Orange

New to the forum, “new” owner here.

I have a 06 Hummer H2 orange limited with 100k miles that my father owned. He passed away and it’s sat for over a year thus the reason we had to replace the battery, alternator and serpentine belt. It’s in a very rainy/humid area. I’m trying to fix most of the issues without going to the dealer if that’s possible. Thus far we have given it an oil change, checked the air filter (clean), depleted the gas through driving and put 100% 93 octane gas in it (no more old gas). Will be using 87 octane with ethanol going forward. I was surprised to find out it doesn’t have a fuel filter. It’s running much better with new gas.

Tomorrow, it’ll have 8 new Iridium spark plugs as well as wires. Not sure it needs new wires, but the guy working on it recommended it and it’s not that expensive so why not. The plan is to take a 10 hour Interstate drive with a small flat bed trailer in a week. After that list it for sale to get it sold, however there are some issues with it that are minor but need to be addressed.

Driver heated seat, wiper blades and fluid coming on automatically, radio works but screen doesn’t. I’ll research those issues on the forum before asking any questions. I’ve researched the heated seat on here. Will post a new thread whenever I’m allowed to do so.

At any rate, grateful there are forums like this. Looking forward to helping if I can, obviously my knowledge about Hummers is pretty much nothing. Also, looking forward to tips on how to drive it with better gas mileage, an extra 1 or 3 mpg goes a long way for as much driving as I might be doing with it.

Old 08-15-2021, 11:56 AM

Sorry on your fathers passing. I sure his 06 Fusion Orange H2 was special to him and brought him great joy. From what you have mentioned there is nothing major wrong with it. In the interum throw a couple of cans of seafoam in the fuel, it works wonders. Keep us posted with your progress and when you decide to tackle the problems,

Lots of great resources here and many who have experience with the problems you mentioned.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:12 PM

Thank you! Seems like we have the gas issue solved. Put a new starter in it and well, I’ll post that issue on a new thread. Thanks again.

Old 08-23-2021, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HF. Why 93 gas added as a first tank, dirty outdated gas is dirty outdated gas, 93 didn't do anything except lighten your wallet?

The radio is 15 years old, you got lucky, most do not last that long before they loose control and die.

Old 08-23-2021, 08:11 PM
Default Wow

Welcome...

Enjoy the data. Sorry about your pop. He left you a nice legacy.

Old 08-24-2021, 08:24 AM

I have the exact same H2 and I think it is one of the best. Fix it up and remember your Pop every time you drive it.