Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

05 h2 ecu

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2020, 12:21 AM
Default 05 h2 ecu

2005 H2, only mods headers, k and n air filter. About 3 months ago on way home the SRS light came on and the display showed "service air bags". Checked code and only code was front impact sensor. Priced them, picked self up from floor. 4 days later checked code again and it showed both front impact sensors. I replaced them but the impact sensor code wasn't there. Air bag deployment and ecu performance codes. Tried resetting and they will not. I went into the module function and it says front impact sensors not present.

I was told the ecu needs replaced. Is this correct? If so where is the ecu?

Old 04-07-2020, 01:52 AM

Post all the codes, and don't waste your time looking for an "ecu"?

Old 04-07-2020, 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by hummerz
Post all the codes, and don't waste your time looking for an "ecu"?

Old 04-07-2020, 11:17 AM

Fault code B0051 Deployment Commanded, means the vehicle was in an accident and it has crash data stored in the ACM/SDM airbag control module.This code will not clear, it will not erase. with any diagnostic scan tool. It will give you an error cannot execute routine. Send your airbag control unit to My Airbags to have it reset. No additional programming needed, when original module reset and put back in same vehicle.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:18 PM

Where is the air bag module located? The hummer was not in accident or crash. The Srs light original came on on way home. Then the air bag deployment command came on while sitting in garage awaiting impact sensors.

Old 04-07-2020, 04:27 PM

Sorry but i also forgot to ask, What about the code for the ECU performance? Is that set in the system due to the air bag deployment command? And will the air bag module cause the me to not be able to see the front impact sensors in the module function of the code scanner?

Old 04-07-2020, 05:13 PM

Under the drivers seat.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by ihregistry
Sorry but i also forgot to ask, What about the code for the ECU performance? Is that set in the system due to the air bag deployment command? And will the air bag module cause the me to not be able to see the front impact sensors in the module function of the code scanner?
internal failure detected.. Disconnect the positive battery cable and wait at least 3 minutes, before any repairs are made.

Old 04-07-2020, 05:45 PM

So once I get the air bag module reset the ecu performance code will then go away?

Old 04-07-2020, 10:48 PM

Hummerz, Thank you for your replies. I'm not trying to sound stupid with my questions. I'm trying to fully understand the systems workings too. Like i've stated before, i am trying to understand how a "deployment command" code came to be locked in when the hummer wasn't being drove but was sitting in driveway and how the "codes for front impact sensor" was in DTC before and then went away before i even replaced them? We hooked up the code scanner again and here are screen shots of the Current DTC, History DTC and screen shot of the SRS system Configuration screens. The thing that is confusing me is the code B1000 "ECU Performace" in the SRS module. Does this mean the "SRS ECU" ? I scanned the entire hummer and the power train and body ECU are not coded. So if the SRS or air bag module is the issue when i contact myairbags what do i tell them happened?

System Config 1

System config 2

History DTC

Current DTC

Quick Reply: 05 h2 ecu