PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with part identifying.

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 10:19 AM
Default Help with part identifying.

2006 H3 5speed manual transmission 154k on truck. 25k on motor.
I recently had to replace my upper steering shaft due to a rusted U joint. So I figured I would change both
the upper and lower shaft. Well when I received the parts from dorman. The lower shaft was 2 inches shorter
the the one I removed. Needles to say I didn’t replace the lower. When I contacted dorman they say it is the only
part number listed. Maybe we sent the incorrect part with the correct part number. They promptly sent out another.
But it was the same thing.. now I dont know what part number I need. Has any ever had this problem?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

There is a reason that Dorman crap is cheap.

Buy ACDelco replacement parts, and that won't happen.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:36 AM

Great idea. U got a part number? Cause they dont

Old 01-02-2018, 10:42 AM

So... is that the kind of help we get from this site? Interesting
Um thanks Doc. I think.

Old 01-02-2018, 10:47 AM

What no smart *** comment Mr moderator?

Old 01-02-2018, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Do not know who "they" are, but the internet has the PNs easily available by a search.

This is the kit that most people buy, has both PNs referenced,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Interme...-/371862636219

Old 01-02-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

Do not know who "they" are, but the internet has the PNs easily available by a search.

This is the kit that most people buy, has both PNs referenced,
https://www.ebay.com/itm/OEM-Interme...-/371862636219

Last edited by Doc Olds; 01-02-2018 at 10:57 AM.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:02 AM

I am not speaking for Doc but the problem is it seems every new member with less than 10 posts jumps on here as a member and asks questions which can simply be answered by doing a google search or forum search.

I have answered at least 100 questions about issues that have been answered at least that many times over the years but everyone wants a quick answer with no effort. As you can imagine, those of us who have been around for a while can get a little frustrated at times.

I know when I may make comments similar, it's not as a dig but as an eye opener to use the resources available.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:51 PM

Well I did look for the info for myself and did not find it. Which is why I thought I would ask the fine people on here for some assistance. I thought that is what this forum was for. Thank you doc for doing what your supposed to as moderator. I will not make the mistake af asking a question again.
Just so u know I have spoke with the site you sent over and they were a pleasure to speak with. They did say it is a hard part to find as may people have it listed but not available. I have already purchased and installed the intermediate shaft (OEM) not that cheap crap as doc so nicely stated so I was lookin for
Just the part I needed. Why have a forum for questions and conversation when the moderator himself doesn’t want to answer a simple question without running his mouth off. I you don’t like why you do then change it. Don’t worry I will not bother this WONDERFUL forum again.. Fn crazy.

Oh and your input was VERY helpful LoJac! Spot on bro

Old 01-02-2018, 05:40 PM

If I read your original post, you were asking for the "correct" Dorman part #, not the OEM part #. Doc responded not to buy Dorman. So within 10 minutes you respond with smart-*** comments? Asking questions and give-n-take IS what this forum is about. Of course that usually turns out better when your very first post does NOT insult the rest of us in general and the moderator in particular. That's not a "conversation". Good luck.

Quick Reply: Help with part identifying.