PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 10:57 PM
Talking I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.

Hello!
My father has Hummer H1 Alpha, 2005, outside the U.S, and he has two broken parts on it. I don't know how these broken parts called in english, and where they are located. Could you please assist me and tell what are their names, where they are located, and where I can buy them? or maybe someone from users selling these parts? Thank you!

Attached Thumbnails I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-aikv3smp2_0.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-avemypfworq.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-ektuqvzx_fe.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-jhg6uyzvwxs.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-mc6hgp4z-1s.jpg  

I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-qvyhjdidtec.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-rq7yxbth9iu.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-tp22his1g9o.jpg   I'm unable to identify the broken parts for Hummer H1.-wamutx4sa4.jpg  
Old 04-07-2017, 07:29 PM

If you will mail me those broken parts once you have got new replacements i will put that on the wall of shame. That appears to be the gears inside the wheel hub. Did the wheel & tire fall off? That had to make some kind of noise! By the way- Alpha hummers are 2006 model only. There were no 2005 hummer models sold. The helical cut gears in the wheel hubs are unique to the 2006 Alpha Hummer.
If you need parts or service or a complete (built and resealed) wheel hub check out https://www.bigdogoffroad.com/
Contact Eric at Big Dog Offroad 303.960.6676 they are an AM General dealer that can help with parts and service.

Old 04-07-2017, 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Ward
If you will mail me those broken parts once you have got new replacements i will put that on the wall of shame. That appears to be the gears inside the wheel hub. Did the wheel & tire fall off? That had to make some kind of noise! By the way- Alpha hummers are 2006 model only. There were no 2005 hummer models sold. The helical cut gears in the wheel hubs are unique to the 2006 Alpha Hummer.
If you need parts or service or a complete (built and resealed) wheel hub check out https://www.bigdogoffroad.com/
Contact Eric at Big Dog Offroad 303.960.6676 they are an AM General dealer that can help with parts and service.
Thank you for your suggestion. However, this part is related to the engine. I guess it was inside the reducer. I'm not really sure how these gears called and how to explain to dealers what I mean, because I don't have knowledges about vehicles, especially Hummer. Also english is not my first language and I don't know how to translate the name of these parts. All I know is that they related to engine, not the wheels. I would appreciate if someone have an information what's their name and where can I buy them, because I already contacted several dealers, but they were unable to identify these parts.
Thank you!

Old 04-07-2017, 08:32 PM

The pictures do look like the wheel hub gears. The nut looks like a spindle nut but i have been wrong before. If those are gears in the engine then you have bigger problems. Contact https://www.bigdogoffroad.com/ and send them the pictures or email eric@bigdogoffroad.com They will be able to help you.

Old 04-13-2017, 09:22 AM

That looks like a pinion gear from the ring and pinion in the differential

Old 04-14-2017, 07:01 PM

I thought it kind a look like a ring in pinon also because of how the gears are positioned for the picture but the pinion would be different. The nut on the end looks like the spindle nut with notches for the locking tang washer. The nub on the nut end of shaft looks like a ctis spundle. The 2006 alpha had a helical cut gears in the wheel hubs. My bet is still on wheel hub gears.
Ernest888- we would be interested in knowing what it is when you figure it out so let us know.