PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hummer H1 Hard Top

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Default Hummer H1 Hard Top

Hi,

i dont know if its the right place to put my topic (im a newbie)

i just want toknow , if it was possible to put a Slantback hard top on a hummer h1 wagon or on any hummer h1 with a hard top? (sorry if it is a weird question lol)

And how much does it cost to buy a Slantback hard top ?

Thank You Very Much

Old 04-21-2007, 01:58 AM
Default RE: Hummer H1 Hard Top

its not possible with the wagon unless you want to saw it up but there are after market products for both the 4door hardtop 2door hard top and open top from calgold
http://www.calgoldproducts.com/

$3300 USD for the 4drhardtop conversion
$5700 USD for the 2dr conversion
$4950 USD for the opentop conversion which i hope to get this fall before winter hits.

Old 04-21-2007, 03:28 PM

oh ok , thanks alot injufarian !!

Old 04-21-2007, 07:14 PM

no prob i heard there are a couple more after market kits but the cal gold are the only ones i looked into and I believe are the most common... also with the softtop kit it comes in 3 pieces to it will be easier to take off and put back on instead of needed a forklift like you do with the 1 piece kit.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:49 AM

There are a couple ofHummer owners out therewho had their factory wagon tops removed and had a factory slantback top installed in its place -- so there are a couple of "Alpha slantbacks" put together with factory parts. This is an expensive mod, though, and would require that you locate one of the rare slantbacks that were left over after AM General stopped making them.

If you don't already have a truck, Injunfarian is right on -- cheapest way to make yourself a slantback would be to get a factory4-door hardtop and install a CalGold slantback extension. Next cheapest would be an open-top, then add the hardtop and slantback kits from CalGold.

Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM

thanks alot guys for your help !!

But hmcoleap , if i buy all the accesories required to have a "Slantback" look from calgold is the look gona be different or it will be exactly like the real slantback without notice that isa regular hummer h1?

And when was the last year that AM General made the last slantback ?

Thanks again guys

Old 04-24-2007, 05:01 AM

one of the biggest difference between a hardtop calgold extension and a real slantback is the wall between the cab and the truck bed with the original factory slantback it is like the wagon no wall the inside of the vehicle goes straight back to the trailgate/barndoors/latch. another thing with the softtop you get like 2 inches of hieght due to the roll bars. and AM General only made the civy slantback for the year of 2000 only 40 were made but i believe only 38 were ever sold to the public...

Old 04-24-2007, 12:35 PM

Most people won't notice the difference, but a factory slantback has no tailgate on the back, it has one continuous door that lifts to expose the tailgate area and cargo top at the same time. The CalGold product will have a lift door for the cargo area, but retain the OEM tailgate that drops down to expose the back of the trailgate. As injunfarian mentioned, there will also be the issue of a divider vs. no divider inside. If you use a soft-top or factory hard-top as a base vehicle, that divider is not removeable (not without some serious modifications, at least)

They only made the factory slantback for one year (the year 2000), and there are less than 40 in existence.

Old 04-24-2007, 07:49 PM

Thank you very much guys for helping me !!
i think the best thing is to buy from calgold because im sure those 40 hummer's must be alot expensive.

Thanks Again !![sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 04-24-2007, 10:06 PM

could always civilianize a military turtle back as well...

Quick Reply: Hummer H1 Hard Top