PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H1

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 02:53 PM
Default H1

2000 Hummer H one .Burning electrical smell with smoke coming from the rear air conditioner vents in the center console this morning . Can you anybody give me any help with this

Old 10-13-2017, 01:28 PM

Is this with only the aux fan turned on? [This controls the center console hvac].

The center console interior piece comes out pretty easilly, I believe only two trim screws on the tunnel hold it in place, if you remove the two trim screws inside of the driver and front passenger seats and move the seats forward you should be able to lift the center cover up and back and inspect the black thermo plastic box which contains the blower and air exchanger.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Default H1 Center Console HVAC problems

Anybody know If these tend to have problems. Burning electrical smelling smoke coming out of the rear vents

Old 10-13-2017, 02:59 PM

Not known for problems.. the 1998+ HVAC systems are decent if they are maintained and up to spec. I just had my compressor + dryer replaced and I'm getting 40F out the front and rear system when its 100F+ out.

The Aux system is pretty similar for all years. If you are getting a burning smell somewhere then something is up. I'd check fuse/ground/electrical harness and to see if the motors operational, etc.

I'm assuming the front/main system operates fine?