Hummer H1 The original Hummer, which brought the Hummer look to the public eye during Desert Storm, with the addition of some features that make the H1 more of a street vehicle and less of a Army truck

Cummins conversion for H1

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 08:18 PM

We offer a complete Cummins conversion kit to repower your Hummer H1 or HMMWV with a Cummins 5.9L or 6.7L turbo diesel engine paired to an Allison 6-speed transmission. We provide all the parts required to do this conversion properly.

Some of the statements above regarding other vendors who make a Cummins conversion kit or components to a kit are just not true. The reality is we spent 3 years developing this product as a kit we will either sell to someone who wants to do a Cummins/Allison conversion themselves or we will provide a turn-key product including labor. Our Cummins conversion kit is currently on sale for $24k and before you say how expensive that is you may want to look at the very long list of custom made components in our kit.

Repairing botched Duramax and Cummins conversions makes up about 15% of our business and we see the same issues over and over. Thankfully we started from scratch and designed all of our components ourselves rather than taking an existing product that doesn't work and copying it (like others have done).

Our kit supports the 5.9L or 6.7L family of Cummins engines although it seems like most everyone leans towards the 6.7L.

Please call us anytime to discuss details.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:20 AM

I'm only looking for the motor mounts for a 5.9. Will you sell them.

Old 09-28-2016, 09:29 AM

What transmission do you have? The engine mounts affect the geometry of the entire conversion.

Old 09-29-2016, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ian Ward
What transmission do you have? The engine mounts affect the geometry of the entire conversion.
The engine placement affects EVERYTHING else, this is why we don't sell only our motor mounts. If you use our engine mounts you will need our transmission cross member, and drive shafts, fuel tank, exhaust, etc. Then comes the hard stuff like cooling and electrical. This is why we only sell this as a complete kit.

Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by BigDogOffroad
The engine placement affects EVERYTHING else, this is why we don't sell only our motor mounts. If you use our engine mounts you will need our transmission cross member, and drive shafts, fuel tank, exhaust, etc. Then comes the hard stuff like cooling and electrical. This is why we only sell this as a complete kit.
I am H1 shopping right now and a Cummins 6BT conversion is first on my to-do list. Are you saying that Predator swaps aren't done correctly and cause issues in the long run? Is there somewhere I can read more about your kit? Does $24k include motor/trans?

Old 11-09-2016, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by emetdw
I am H1 shopping right now and a Cummins 6BT conversion is first on my to-do list. Are you saying that Predator swaps aren't done correctly and cause issues in the long run? Is there somewhere I can read more about your kit? Does $24k include motor/trans?
Engines can cost anywhere from $5k (old, used, from a junk yard) to about $25k (new, from Cummins, in a box). Our kit is designed to support any of the 5.9L or 6.7L Cummins engine (the 6BT family of engines). We also sell Allison transmissions built to our specs for $5k with no core charge.

Our website is terrible, I'm aware of this. It's being redesigned but in the meantime please call us anytime to discuss your project. We sell our Cummins conversion kit either as a do-it-yourself kit where we provide basically all the parts (except the motor and trans which you could buy through us also) or a turn-key service with labor. Either way we're happy to help. Our Cummins kit is currently on sale so if you're in the market call to discuss all the details.

Old 11-13-2016, 12:21 PM

Excellent, thank you! I am a firm believer in do it once, do it right so I will be reaching out when I find the right wagon. And I've been looking for an excuse to return to CO, love it down there.

Old 11-14-2016, 04:27 PM

We are doing a full project build thread on a Cummins 6.7 and Allison 6-speed on a completely restored chassis. We love resto jobs (it's kind of "our thing"). We will be posting pictures and updates here: AMGenerals ? View topic - Full chassis resto, 6.7L Cummins conversion, etc.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:33 PM

What’s the best number to contact you?

Originally Posted by BigDogOffroad
We offer a complete Cummins conversion kit to repower your Hummer H1 or HMMWV with a Cummins 5.9L or 6.7L turbo diesel engine paired to an Allison 6-speed transmission. We provide all the parts required to do this conversion properly.

Some of the statements above regarding other vendors who make a Cummins conversion kit or components to a kit are just not true. The reality is we spent 3 years developing this product as a kit we will either sell to someone who wants to do a Cummins/Allison conversion themselves or we will provide a turn-key product including labor. Our Cummins conversion kit is currently on sale for $24k and before you say how expensive that is you may want to look at the very long list of custom made components in our kit.

Repairing botched Duramax and Cummins conversions makes up about 15% of our business and we see the same issues over and over. Thankfully we started from scratch and designed all of our components ourselves rather than taking an existing product that doesn't work and copying it (like others have done).

Our kit supports the 5.9L or 6.7L family of Cummins engines although it seems like most everyone leans towards the 6.7L.

Please call us anytime to discuss details.

Old 12-15-2018, 12:36 PM

What’s your contact info?

QUOTE=BigDogOffroad;340078]Engines can cost anywhere from $5k (old, used, from a junk yard) to about $25k (new, from Cummins, in a box). Our kit is designed to support any of the 5.9L or 6.7L Cummins engine (the 6BT family of engines). We also sell Allison transmissions built to our specs for $5k with no core charge.

Our website is terrible, I'm aware of this. It's being redesigned but in the meantime please call us anytime to discuss your project. We sell our Cummins conversion kit either as a do-it-yourself kit where we provide basically all the parts (except the motor and trans which you could buy through us also) or a turn-key service with labor. Either way we're happy to help. Our Cummins kit is currently on sale so if you're in the market call to discuss all the details.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Cummins conversion for H1