PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

93 H1 questions, need info

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 07:23 PM
Default 93 H1 questions, need info

i have a 93 H1 civilian Hummer. it was a hand me down from family members that passed. anyways, its been sitting for about 6yrs, ran and drove when parked but last i was told is after its running and driven even a short distance and turned off. it wont start back up. no "wait" light or anything comes on just cranks.has a 6.2 non turbo. any info on that issues before i start trying to get it going would be a help. also where is a good place to get tires and parts? still running the stock 16.5' rims with CTIS. also where would i get alignment shims from? Thanks

Old 08-29-2017, 08:34 PM

Where are you located so i can recomend someone qualified to worrk on your hummer. The shut down and not restart issue could be a few things. The only tires that are round for a 16.5 rim are the goodyear myr all the others are egg shaped that will shake your teth out and some folks are even selling recap tires ( Unicure ). Big Dog Offroad in golden co ( and Austin tx) is a great place for parts and service. HPG is a great place for parts. If you have a 93 and need alignment shims i bet my *** that your control arm bushings are toast and that is why that wheel alignment camber is off. Control arm bushings are a major job that requires replacing the wearable steering parts and the upper and lower ball joints and its advised to also replace the front springs at that time.