Head and Valve Issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Default RE: Head and Valve Issue

Also Dennis, Under the thread of h3 problems H3dude is having a similar problem along with some other nightmarish stuff. As long as Gm stands by there product I am satisfied. I feel as if they have enough faith to extend the warranty,I should have that same faith in it.

Old 02-27-2006, 03:10 PM

ORIGINAL: btstyx

Also Dennis, Under the thread of h3 problems H3dude is having a similar problem along with some other nightmarish stuff. As long as Gm stands by there product I am satisfied. I feel as if they have enough faith to extend the warranty,I should have that same faith in it.

I'm Glad GM stepped up and came to your aid..I didn’t doubt you one bit, or was trying contradict you either. I'm just saying it is a rare problem with less than 10 for the record for the US...Lets hope it was a few Monday or Friday cars that were only affected...When is the build date on your H3? Just for stat purposes, it would be interesting to see if these H3s with this specific engine problem rolled off the Assyline around the same time.

Again, Like mark said...WOW! GM did you right and I'm sure glad to hear that...I hope the rest of your time with ownership is smooth sailing...

Raffi..now he has issues with his H3 big time...Raffi, any luck yet with getting your new H3??

Old 02-28-2006, 10:25 AM

Thanks Dennis, It should be, Knowing I will be covered for as long as I own it. I will look up the build date ant post it later today.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:06 PM

ORIGINAL: Dennis

I'm Glad GM stepped up and came to your aid..I didn’t doubt you one bit, or was trying contradict you either. I'm just saying it is a rare problem with less than 10 for the record for the US...Lets hope it was a few Monday or Friday cars that were only affected...When is the build date on your H3? Just for stat purposes, it would be interesting to see if these H3s with this specific engine problem rolled off the Assyline around the same time.

Again, Like mark said...WOW! GM did you right and I'm sure glad to hear that...I hope the rest of your time with ownership is smooth sailing...

Raffi..now he has issues with his H3 big time...Raffi, any luck yet with getting your new H3??
Dennis
Where did Gm hide the build sheets on the H3? Normally the GM vehicles have them under the front seats. Can't seem to find one on mine.

Old 02-28-2006, 12:26 PM

ORIGINAL: G Man

Dennis
Where did Gm hide the build sheets on the H3? Normally the GM vehicles have them under the front seats. Can't seem to find one on mine.

Hi Gary,
I couldn't find any either, but Look on the white sticker, upper right hand corner, located on the driver's side door sill...My H3's build date says 09/05...Somehow or ta other, the VIN can be de-coded to break it down to the DAY it was made.

Old 03-02-2006, 06:49 AM

I got engine problem as well, but it's "crankshaft actuator" problem. it made the engine choke and misfire, and took about 1 week to fix.
the problem is I still don't know what "crankshaft actuator" is, anyone have idea?

Old 03-02-2006, 10:45 AM

ORIGINAL: zechsiw

I got engine problem as well, but it's "crankshaft actuator" problem. it made the engine choke and misfire, and took about 1 week to fix.
the problem is I still don't know what "crankshaft actuator" is, anyone have idea?
I'm not sure either..But in other cars that have simular symptoms, I understand there is a device or sensor that is called the "Cranshaft angle sensor" or "Crankshaft position sensor"...But both basically do the same thing..It indicates to the ECU where the Crankshaft IS, so the ignition timing can stay in line to fire the spark plugs at the proper time...But that's an engine Ignition control device problem and not an engine problem itself per say...At least that is what it sounds like to me.

Old 03-02-2006, 04:48 PM

Just went into the shop , same issue !!! misfire, compression leak, 3rd cylinder leaking from valves, they are tearing it apart right now !

Old 03-12-2006, 07:50 PM

ORIGINAL: zechsiw

I'm not sure either..But in other cars that have simular symptoms, I understand there is a device or sensor that is called the "Cranshaft angle sensor" or "Crankshaft position sensor"...But both basically do the same thing..It indicates to the ECU where the Crankshaft IS, so the ignition timing can stay in line to fire the spark plugs at the proper time...But that's an engine Ignition control device problem and not an engine problem itself per say...At least that is what it sounds like to me.
I read the paper from dealer again, ya..it's called "Crankshaft position actuator"

Old 03-13-2006, 05:10 PM

I talked to my service manager today while dropping off my H3 for several unrelated issues. [&:] He said he has had 6 in for the same reason in the past few months, as well as several Colorado's(same engine). All of the H3's had the problem isolated to the #1 cylinder. He told me that corporate engineering was researching the problem, but no solution had yet been determined. The head is sent off to GM for analysis before the repairs begin. All of the replacement parts(head, valves, valve guides, etc), are the same engineered parts that are currently on the vehicle now. So, even though the dealer is "fixing" the problem, it is really not a proper solution. The thought is that it may be a heat related issue that a simple lower temp. thermostat might fix. If it is heat related, the summer months should really cause this issue to rear it's head. BTW, I got my build date while I was there. October 15, 2005 was a Thursday. So much for the theory that all the problem vehicles were built on Monday and Friday.

Quick Reply: Head and Valve Issue