Hummer H2 For those who like a little more gleam to their Hummer, the H2 offers a similar rugged look as the H1, but as a lower cost, and with more added features, making it almost a massive luxury SUV.

Instrument cluster recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019, 05:08 PM
Default Instrument cluster recommendations

I am needing to send my instrument cluster off to get the stepper motors replaced. I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on who I should contact to do the work? If you could provide a link to their website that would be great.I was able to find several websites that claim they do the work but just don’t know if they are legit. I have a 2004 H2. Thanks for your response

Old 07-17-2019, 07:50 PM

you can try contacting this guy
I used his tutorials to repair my own.

Old 09-27-2019, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by crum55
I am needing to send my instrument cluster off to get the stepper motors replaced. I wanted to see if anyone had any recommendations on who I should contact to do the work? You want to know what is esp in a car? Visit theriderbase to find the answer if you concern. If you could provide a link to their website that would be great.I was able to find several websites that claim they do the work but just don’t know if they are legit. I have a 2004 H2. Thanks for your response
You can search on youtube with the title How To Remove Instrument Cluster from HUMMER H2 | HUMMER H2 Instrument Panel Gauge Cluster Removal. This guy shows how to remove instrument cluster. you also can see his channel and contact him.

Old 10-19-2019, 03:33 PM

As an electronics designer and manufacturer myself, I've re-worked/repaired 1000's of PCBs in my lifetime so I watched the video and smiled

Old 10-19-2019, 05:56 PM

well oceanbrave when all else fails you can just swap your eprom to another similar pulled cluster does not have to be a hummer one. thats what i did with a 2003 taho cluster. it already had updated servos too. swapped out the board the eprom retained all my info and miles.

Old 10-20-2019, 10:21 AM

Actually my cluster is OK, its crum55 thats looking to get his fixed

Old 10-20-2019, 01:15 PM

I understand that I just thought you would like that tidbit of information as you like to tinker as do i.

Old 10-21-2019, 05:24 AM

Yes indeed, the eprom option is good to know., much appreciated information

Regarding "tinkering" I'd love to get hold of a scrap instrument cluster and "reverse-engineer" the electronics (just as I did for the Air Suspension Module which took a massive effort)

There's so many issues with cluster's, not just "sticking" servos, it would be good to have a complete plan of the electronics.

Old 10-21-2019, 11:49 AM

the majority of usual issues with the clusters are bad solder on the SMD resisters. that is usually the cause of the dim and sometimes no display on the drive selector and info displays. you can also get bad solder on the harness plug pins.
rarely does anything really go bad if it has not been molested other then the servo motors and cluster illumination bulbs.
2005-2007 voltage regulator

Last edited by bronxteck; 10-21-2019 at 03:11 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:06 PM

This is what I'm talking about. These are scaled views of the Air Suspension Module. producing this provided in-depth knowledge of its features and a vital insight to how it functions in the system, so it takes the guess-work out of discussions.

It allowed me to repair my faulty module, worth it because a new one in the UK costs $850!

You may find it interesting...

Quick Reply: Instrument cluster recommendations