Help..identify powered mirror. - Hummer Forums - Enthusiast Forum for Hummer Owners

General Hummer Talk Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Old 01-05-2018, 03:01 PM

Default Help..identify powered mirror.

I just had my mirrors replaced through insurance.
I had powered/heated mirrors.
They were replaced with non powered/heated mirrors.
my insurance is saying that according to my V.I.N., my truck had standard mirrors and the powered mirrors must be aftermarket. I have the powered mirrors and wondering how to identify these as an original GM part. There is nothing on the mirror that actually says GM but there are a bunch of numbets. Thank you.
Old 01-05-2018, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homespect View Post
my insurance is saying that according to my V.I.N., my truck had standard mirrors and the powered mirrors must be aftermarket. I have the powered mirrors and wondering how to identify these as an original GM part. There is nothing on the mirror that actually says GM but there are a bunch of numbets. Thank you.

It would be helpful if you could give a lot more information. What vehicle, model year, etc.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 PM

Let me guss state farms insurance.
Old 01-05-2018, 11:26 PM

If it has all the switches on the door panel and wires in the mirrors then it came with them. And I don't think the vin dictates what options are on your truck.
Old 01-06-2018, 08:50 AM

Glove box door will have all of the RPO codes for options in it.
Any GM dealer can run the specs with the VIN.

Never heard of an H2 with manual mirrors. Some don't have power folding option, but I thought they all had power to move the reflector (glass).
Old 01-11-2018, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homespect View Post
Your insurance company doesn't know squat. All hummer mirrors have electronic folding motors. They didnt want to spend the money on them. They bought aftermarket ones. Just go on ebay and you will find them. no heat and no electronic fold.
Old 01-12-2018, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcioci View Post
Your insurance company doesn't know squat. All hummer mirrors have electronic folding motors. They didnt want to spend the money on them. They bought aftermarket ones. Just go on ebay and you will find them. no heat and no electronic fold.
H3s don't, they are Hummers.... Ooops.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Olds View Post
H3s don't, they are Hummers.... Ooops.
Stupid me. I always assume people are talking about the H2's