PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Driving Academy just got back/H3T

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 11:50 AM
Default Driving Academy just got back/H3T

Just got back from the HUMMER Driving Academy and first off if you own a HUMMER you must go.
It was a full class, 14 people including 3 media guests and a GM VP. The H3T will be out for the '08/'09 model year. No plan yet for production on the H3 pickup. The instructors there are great. There are 2 drivers per vehicle but you get plenty of time behind the wheel. Very little class time. Everything is first class and included, not going to be giving surprises away but you won't be dissapointed. Also once you graduate your invited to the reunion that happen every year, this coming April it will be held in VA/WV area. Tim and Steve are flying out there next week to scout out trails/resorts. They're looking at the Greenbrier/Homested resorts. I lucked out on the second day the other drivier in my H3 didn't want to drive on the level 3 trails so I got to drive the entire time. Take a guest and go asap, I couldn't believe what the H3 can do. Highly recommend it to anyone that buys any HUMMER. If anyone has quetions about the Academy just ask.

Old 10-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Driving Academy just goit back/H3T

ORIGINAL: Trey124

Just got back from the HUMMER Driving Academy and first off if you own a HUMMER you must go.
It was a full class, 14 people including 3 media guests and a GM VP. The H3T will be out for the '08/'09 model year. No plan yet for production on the H3 pickup. The instructors there are great. There are 2 drivers per vehicle but you get plenty of time behind the wheel. Very little class time. Everything is first class and included, not going to be giving surprises away but you won't be dissapointed. Also once you graduate your invited to the reunion that happen every year, this coming April it will be held in VA/WV area. Tim and Steve are flying out there next week to scout out trails/resorts. They're looking at the Greenbrier/Homested resorts. I lucked out on the second day the other drivier in my H3 didn't want to drive on the level 3 trails so I got to drive the entire time. Take a guest and go asap, I couldn't believe what the H3 can do. Highly recommend it to anyone that buys any HUMMER. If anyone has quetions about the Academy just ask.
That's awsome. I was going to go to it, but after I found out how much it was, I thought maybe I should wait a few.

I thought the H3T WAS the pickup version. Is the H3T going to be the 4 door with a flatbed?

Old 10-26-2006, 02:17 PM

Yeah, I thought it was the H3 SUT that's coming out next...that's what the dealer told me last Wednesday...and that they were shelving the truck idea...

Old 10-26-2006, 06:17 PM

SPY VIDEO

Old 10-26-2006, 07:51 PM

Seen it...so had the salesman at the dealership apparently...

Old 10-27-2006, 11:34 AM

The GM VP says the only HUMMER coming out next model year was the H3T, the one we all saw at the autoshows a few years back. The spy shots of the 4 door full-sized bed pickup truck version has no production date yet. And the H3SUT had no production date yet. He did state that we won't see a HUMMER car. BUt whatever they do come out with after '08 it will be top of class. Remember like nothing else. There was a press guy there from Autoweek even though he was a Jeep guy; he was impressed by what the H3 could do.
You'll have a great time at the academy it is worth the price. Some of the press there couldn't believe what the H3 could get through. I got through their entire level 3 trail without having to engage the locker. Just 4Lo and 1st gear. This was my first time off-road and I'm hooked. I got a dealer HUMMER Happening coming up at Paragon in NOV. and I can't wait to go.
If you just bought an H3, go. If you want to get togethor with a bunch of like-minded people, go. If you want to get into the sport of off-road driving, go. You get the idea just save up the money and go! You get free sawg and will have a great time...so stop reading and go!

Old 10-27-2006, 12:10 PM
Default RE: Driving Academy just got back/H3T

Do they teach ya how to do donuts in the rug?