PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does anyone know if it's possible to deactivate the all wheel drive?

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by Rajul_Al_Hummer
You're in luck (ignore the other infantile responses in this thread).

My H3 2007 Lux has a lever to turn off all wheel drive.

Its to the right of the drivers seat, a big one you can't miss it - move it all the way forward until the letter "P" illuminates on the dashboard - no more all-wheel drive!
Thank y9ou for that answer for the OP asking. That would/is a good idea. I have been looking at Superchargers for the 3.7 5 cylinder and that is too much money. For a lot less I can drop in a
3.6L DI Turbocharged E85 Diesel that puts out HP:250+ and Torque: 406+
...Or if that is not enough then the
GM 4.5L Turbocharged V8 has HP:340 and Torque:590

and get WAY better MPG!

Thanks, JASTECH τΏτ

Old 04-05-2010, 07:38 AM

Its to the right of the drivers seat, a big one you can't miss it - move it all the way forward until the letter "P" illuminates on the dashboard - no more all-wheel drive!
How about posting a picture of the lever that disconnects the full time four wheel drive in your H3?

Old 04-05-2010, 02:07 PM

Yeah you mean putting it in "park"

Old 04-12-2010, 02:07 PM
Angry

Originally Posted by JGBB04
Yes you could pull the fuse but you can't unlock the front axle so it wouldn't do much good. You bought a full time 4x4 vehicle if you wanted a part time one you should have looked else where. by the way my work Ford explorer w/ auto 4x4 gets worse mpg than my H3T w/ fulltime 4x4
There are so many SUV's out there that get the same or worse gas mileage than a Hummer. Too bad the greenies picked an a American icon to create falsehoods, abuse, and kill. With all the foreign SUV's in America, the greenies should not have started with destroying American jobs.

Old 04-13-2010, 01:59 AM

Bdawk20x - I agree with you that you should have been shown more respect here. I would not take it personally as I am sure "those" people treat everyone that way. Maybe they will grow up?

I would suggest you are better off doing what I did. I just bought a beater that gets good gas mileage. I ended up buying a low mileage Ford Tempo from a real little old lady for $1000. This way I do not have to use the Z06 on rainny days (it has never seen rain) or get it scratched up at the mall. And I use the Hummer for what it was made for- only going way back into the Arizona countryside. As a plus if i ever sell it i am sure I'll get my money back but I am not worried about that. It actually is real nice to drive a car I could care less about.