PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

(DIC) says Doors are open when closed?

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 11:28 AM
Default (DIC) says Doors are open when closed?

All of my doors on my H3 are all closed but the DIC says that they are open. We checked allof them, also the dome light won't go off any one haveing this problem?

Old 04-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Default RE: (DIC) says Doors are open when closed?

I'm guessing your warranty is still good so .. it sounds like it's time to take it back to the dealer to me.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:22 PM

Yes I have warranty only had H3 3 weeks was hoping someone would know whats wrong so I wouldn't go to dealer. It's a long drive(2 hours)

Old 04-04-2007, 12:49 PM

At least you have a new fun vehicle to drive that two hours.

Old 04-04-2007, 06:25 PM

Yep, that's a fact .. I assume the H3's can disable the dome lights too... left hand side by the steering wheel correct?! If not, I could see driving 2 hours at night with my dome light on being somewhat irritating lol .. I'd have to pull those bulbs real flippin' quick hehehehe

Old 04-05-2007, 01:32 AM

Maybe your door switch is dic'd up..Before you head out to the dealers..try this..

Disconnect the negitive battery lead, then the positive and then touch both leads together for about 10 seconds..then reconnect back to the battery in the reverse order.. Positive first, then Negitive.

Old 04-05-2007, 05:51 PM

This happend to me the day after I bought my H3. It ended up being a short in the door sensor and the dealer fixed the problem in under an hour.

At all times it showed the door being open, I couldn't get my dome light to cut off, and my alarm would randomly go off until I had it fixed. It's not a major repair, so shouldn't take more than an hour.

Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 PM

Bad door sensor...I've seen two go bad in the last week...strange. But yes, an easy fix, just make sure your dealer has the door sensors in stock (they're all the same part) before you make the drive.

Old 10-02-2007, 06:15 AM

Thanks for the informative posting guys. I was just woken up last night (3am) by my alarm going off and the cabin light remaining lit. I couldn't get it to switch off for the life of me....

So to the dealer I go for a door sensor. At least now I can have them turn of TPMS... two birds with one stone.

Old 10-02-2007, 09:22 PM

Yep. the dealer confirmed a rear door faulty sensor.. replaced it and it works like a charm

Quick Reply: (DIC) says Doors are open when closed?