PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buyer Beware: Parts and Accessories

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 08:21 AM
Cool Buyer Beware: Parts and Accessories

During my eternal search for SS Nerf bars for my H3, I have found that there is one thing in common for all the parts vendors I have looked into via google searches and advertisements, including here...and that is they all seem to be "manipulating" shipping costs to some degree and/or their advertised price.

I just found another vendor "truckaddons", who is advertising everything from free shipping on select products, to "beating" any competitors delivered price.
Unfortunately, this vendor already charges much more than "two other vendors" I can think of (hint: they are site sponsors)....and charges $99 for shipping on the same nerf bars the other two vendors charge....$43 and $78...

I am going to call them to see if they can actually beat the lowest delivered price I found by 5% as they advertised...of course, even if they do..the shipping will be twice as much as our two vendors here on our forum site.
Ironically, this vendor cites in their ad about "being tired of looking for the lowest price"...yes, I am tired of doing this...but I am more tired of having to deal with such vendors who discount one way, and hike the price up in another.

If I really want to "not be tired", I will probably just stick with "one" of our forum sponsors....you will know which one if you shop for Nerf bars...

Old 02-12-2009, 11:46 AM

OingoBoingo,
I'm not sure where you are located, but I have a set of factory H3 SS nerf bars w/ all the hardware down here in SoCal for sale for $200.00. They are in excellent condition, I put a set of rock sliders on my H3 & the nerf bars are hanging in my garage. Let me know..