PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New red marker lights!

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2015, 11:05 AM
Default New red marker lights!

Follow- up to my haters gonna hate post:
I was able to find online new oem red marker lights. They came in today and look awesome! They are packed individually- come with the light, foam and the connectors. Bulbs are already installed but i went ahead and ordered 2 additional bulbs if ever needed. These look great! Now i can finally get them put on my truck and get it back to normal. They were expensive but i like the oem look and wanted to stick with it.

Now time to get them hooked up!

Attached Thumbnails New red marker lights!-image.jpg  
Old 05-13-2015, 11:48 AM

Installed, work, and look great! Yay me!
Getting to the wire harness was fun- the trim above the rear speakers needs to come loose so you can get your hand in there to disconnect the ends and plug new one in.
����

Old 05-13-2015, 02:26 PM

I agree, I prefer the stock lights as well. I've never been a fan of the clear, smoked or whatever else is out there look.

I have 2 sets of roof lights in my garage just in case lol. I'm always on the lookout for more complete sets.....

Old 05-13-2015, 08:06 PM

Thanks LoJac. Even though the recon's were cheaper for the whole set, im just never sure about the smoke or clear lenses. Havnt seen any good pics with either so i wasnt willing to buy them and see how they turned out. $247 for both rear (left costs more than the right....dont know why) but thats a small price to pay to get a quality product.
Good idea keeping extras!

Old 05-13-2015, 08:35 PM

At least you're getting the lights repaired! It should look even better with a fresh pair.

Let us know how they seal.
I know that's a big problem over time.

Old 05-13-2015, 08:42 PM

I sure will. And yes- they look great!
The gasket that is on there seems to be pretty solid. I have rtv in the garage just in case! I figured i would see how it does out in the weather and if i need to seal them - i would seal all the roof lights at the same time.

Old 05-14-2015, 09:44 AM

I always figured years down the road if stock lights cannot be found worst case you could buy clear aftermarket lights and tint them amber and red. I'd imagine it would look half decent.

Old 05-14-2015, 11:56 AM
MH3

Which site did you find the lights on?? Looking to get some replacements too.

Old 05-14-2015, 12:15 PM

MH3- here is the link: CLEARANCE LAMPS 2003 Hummer H2 OEM ? New GM Parts

(Sorry- everytime i try to use the hyperlink it crashes my ipad).

LoJac- thats a possibility as well. I wonder how well the tint would work. I bet the red would look kinda pink and the amber would be a lighter yellow color. Good idea though. Im afraid evenually all H2 parts will get harder and harder to find and cost will in turn go higher.

Old 05-15-2015, 07:57 PM

I was checking your link Crawdaddyjc. Any idea where to get the seals? They were not listed. I have a leak in the front drivers side. I have tried the RTV trick three times and still have a leak. Either I am not getting it right or the three marker lights in the center need new seals. They look iffy to me. Thanks.

Update: I found these and purchased. I let you know if they work.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/3511894...lpid=82&chn=ps

Last edited by mp51998; 05-15-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Quick Reply: New red marker lights!