PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bose system Subwoofer inputs

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Default Bose system Subwoofer inputs

I have a 2005 H2, How do you get to the Bose Subwoofer inputs? I want to tap off the inputs to add a sub and amp in the back of the truck. Looking for the easiest access to tie in.

Thanks

Old 11-24-2010, 02:25 PM

Would the connector diagram help ya, got a post here with a pic.

Edit, it would be the low level that you would be looking to tap into right ? If so the pic does show which wires they are.

Ed

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=40515

Last edited by Easy Ed; 11-24-2010 at 02:29 PM.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:35 PM

It doesn't show a sub low level out but I can steal a signal from any speaker really and run it through a cross over, so long story short Yes thanks this helps. All I need to do now is find the connectors...honestly haven't looked yet.

Old 11-25-2010, 07:26 AM

The last picture showing the rear of the center console in this post shows the amp and connectors still plugged into it.

Ed

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=6623

Old 11-27-2010, 06:45 AM

Also added a couple extra pics in the connector post link above, one of which is the other amp connector that I missed, sorry about that, Ed

Old 11-27-2010, 08:06 AM

PAC makes a plug and play interface to add an amplifier to your 2005 (used one on my previous 2006 H2 which had the Bose and Navigation). To be honest its amazing how much better the system sounded with just the addition of the sub..... Im sure you will be happy with it.

Here is a link to what you will need:http://www.pac-audio.com/productDeta...&CategoryID=28

My 2008 was a whole different story when I attempted to add the sub to it. I ordered the updated harness for the PAC OEM-1 and when I got it all hooked up I had no volume control of the sub...... it simply stayed at one set volume no matter if I turned the **** up or down. After a bunch of research and spending time on the phone with PAC tech I realized there was no plug and play solution. I had to tap the signal at the Bose sub itself. I removed the console side panel on the drivers side and was able to get to the wires going into the sub under the console..... I tapped my signal there and it worked just fine. The Bose premium system in the 2008-2009's uses a constant out signal from the head unit, the speakers are on their own amplifiers, the volume **** on the head unit simply sends a signal to the amps on how loud they need to be so there is no direct plug and play for this.

Old 06-05-2014, 06:57 PM

Here is what I found. If you have a standard Bose system you need one adapter and if you have a premium system you need another.

To tell if you have a Premium look at the option sticker in the glove box. If you have a Y91 or a Y92 you have the premium Bose system. If not then you have the standard Bose system

Adapter for standard Bose: PAC AOEM-GM24 Amplifier Interface for GM

Adapter for Premium Bose: PAC C2A-GM24 Amplifier Interface for GM

This will allow you to plug in another amp that has RCA Jacks

Install: http://www.installer.com/pdf/c2a-gm24.pdf.

I just ordered the premium Boze interface. I will let you know how it works

Old 04-24-2015, 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by fnfal308
Here is what I found. If you have a standard Bose system you need one adapter and if you have a premium system you need another.

To tell if you have a Premium look at the option sticker in the glove box. If you have a Y91 or a Y92 you have the premium Bose system. If not then you have the standard Bose system

Adapter for standard Bose: PAC AOEM-GM24 Amplifier Interface for GM

Adapter for Premium Bose: PAC C2A-GM24 Amplifier Interface for GM

This will allow you to plug in another amp that has RCA Jacks

Install: http://www.installer.com/pdf/c2a-gm24.pdf.

I just ordered the premium Boze interface. I will let you know how it works
Hey how did you get on with this ? I have a 2008-9 H2 with bose premium (Y91 on service sticker), i want to add an aftermarket sub and amp. The PAC harness looks ideal, but i'm reading all sorts of different views on whether they work or not. PAC themselves told me they don't even make an harness for the premium systems, but i'm not sure if he was being generic, as many people seem to have had success with earlier model years.

thx

Old 04-24-2015, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by MVR 155
PAC makes a plug and play interface to add an amplifier to your 2005 (used one on my previous 2006 H2 which had the Bose and Navigation). To be honest its amazing how much better the system sounded with just the addition of the sub..... Im sure you will be happy with it.

Here is a link to what you will need:Pac-Audio.com Product Details | iPod Integration for your car and More by Pac-Audio - Connecting you to the future

My 2008 was a whole different story when I attempted to add the sub to it. I ordered the updated harness for the PAC OEM-1 and when I got it all hooked up I had no volume control of the sub...... it simply stayed at one set volume no matter if I turned the **** up or down. After a bunch of research and spending time on the phone with PAC tech I realized there was no plug and play solution. I had to tap the signal at the Bose sub itself. I removed the console side panel on the drivers side and was able to get to the wires going into the sub under the console..... I tapped my signal there and it worked just fine. The Bose premium system in the 2008-2009's uses a constant out signal from the head unit, the speakers are on their own amplifiers, the volume **** on the head unit simply sends a signal to the amps on how loud they need to be so there is no direct plug and play for this.
May I ask how you actually tapped into the signal wire ? Sorry if i'm a dumbass, i'm trying to do what you did, but wondered if i can do it without cutting/splicing.. i.e. is there an adaptor or harness you can use there.

Old 05-18-2015, 03:04 AM

shameless bump!

Quick Reply: Bose system Subwoofer inputs