PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2006 hummer h3 supercharger kit?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Default 2006 hummer h3 supercharger kit?

Hey guy, just got a new Hummer! Its a 06 with the 3.5 auto.. I was just wondering what are some good Mods for more power, and if there is a supercharger kit available for them..

Old 04-14-2014, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Moved..... H3 questions, go in the ........... H3 Section. Welcome.

Yes there is an excellent super/turbo kit for the H3. Here is how it installs, sell your I5 and buy an 2008+ V8 powered Alpha.

If you want to mod the I5, do an intake, PP Throttle Body. PCM Tune, Efan Conversion and CAT back exhaust. When your exhaust manifold cracks, you can add in an I5 header.

Old 04-14-2014, 09:56 PM

Would these mods give more low end torque?

Old 04-15-2014, 03:36 AM

The truth is;

When it comes to torque, there is no substitute for cubic inches. For the money you will spend on a complete turbo or supercharger kit ($3500 to $5500+) for the I5 you can sell your H3 and get an H3 Alpha (V8) of similar condition and mileage cheaper and have it be more reliable.

If you want some upgrades for midrange and up HP then follow DOCs advise and go the Cold air intake, PP Throttle Body, PCM Tune, Efan Conversion, Header and CAT back exhaust. If you add those all together you have about $2600+ invested and it's still and I5.

Old 04-15-2014, 12:11 PM

Can you guys rank these mods by bang-for-buck and list their respective (approximate) prices?

Like the PP of the throttle body... are the gains more noticeable than, say, e-fan or tune? Where would I take it for the PP and how much does it cost?

Sorry, total noob about this stuff.

Thanks!

Old 04-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by KingJoseph
Can you guys rank these mods by bang-for-buck and list their respective (approximate) prices?

Like the PP of the throttle body... are the gains more noticeable than, say, e-fan or tune? Where would I take it for the PP and how much does it cost?

Sorry, total noob about this stuff.

Thanks!
Ranked:
PCM Tune;
Intake (which you should do before the PCM tune to tailor your tune to it);
Efan Conversion;
PP TB; and,
Cat Back Exhaust.

For the TB, let's suppose there are internet search engines that bring you right to whatever it is you want to look at???? https://www.google.com/search?q=humm...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Contact James at SuperModulation, lots of options and he sells them on ebay.

Old 04-15-2014, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Olds
Ranked:
PCM Tune;
Intake (which you should do before the PCM tune to tailor your tune to it);
Efan Conversion;
PP TB; and,
Cat Back Exhaust.

For the TB, let's suppose there are internet search engines that bring you right to whatever it is you want to look at???? https://www.google.com/search?q=humm...sm=93&ie=UTF-8

Contact James at SuperModulation, lots of options and he sells them on ebay.
Haha thank you Doc. I actually have been doing some googling about headers as well.

I also drive a 370Z. On that vehicle, high flow cats provide huge gains. You can get long tube headers which eliminate the cats altogether, but then you risk throwing a CEL and not passing emissions. I have a 2006 model. Do you recommend shorty headers with HFCs, HFCs alone, shorty headers alone, LTH, or none of the above? A lot of the manufacturers I found don't explicitly state their dyno results.

Thanks again for the info.

Old 04-15-2014, 06:26 PM

I dunno what doc thinks, but it would depend on emissions testing angles your area. I Have stock replacement header from ottp and like it so far on my 06. Short tube for bottom to mid end an longtube for mid to HGH end gains I think is how it goes. Gl

Old 04-16-2014, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Rodrod
Hey guy, just got a new Hummer! Its a 06 with the 3.5 auto.. I was just wondering what are some good Mods for more power, and if there is a supercharger kit available for them..

No supercharger, header, exhaust, intake, PCM re-flash is pretty much what you have available for the 3.5 and 3.7

Old 04-16-2014, 04:56 PM

I did see a Colorado or canyon on YouTube with one on a dyno. It sounded awesome, almost tooooo awesome. Sounded like a sweet v8 sound to me. I doubt anything will make our 3.5 sound like that.

Quick Reply: 2006 hummer h3 supercharger kit?